1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ls/vtec

Discussion in 'Integra' started by 99IntegraLS, Aug 7, 2007.

1. 99IntegraLS

99IntegraLS Gen4Teg

I have a 99 LS and want to do an LS/VTEC with...
    1. B18B1 block
    2. B16A Pistons
    3. 94 gsr head
    4. gsr ecu

Is this a good setup that is reliable?

2. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

3. dmmd3

dmmd3 Senior Member

boost the b18b1 and sell the other stuff. it'll make more power and probably be more reliable too. just tune either setup whatever you do.

4. integraslut78

integraslut78 Stylus DJ Extraordinaire

Go with the Golden Eagle kit and don't forget to get the ITR/GSR water pump and oil pump, as well. I have a B18B1 with a GSR head and beat the crap out of it all the time, mine is also tuned with Hondata as well, if you have any other questions let me know. :)
    GL with your build you will like it alot.

5. formby

formby learning in progress

all 96-01 bseries O/W pumps are the same.
    get a gsr timing belt.

+1, arp rod bolts & adj cam gears.

i try not to take my lsv to 7.5k+ even with the arp stuff. the r/s makes the walls oval after a while, not every engine wears the same though

the turbo idea is good for power, but when you add major components to an engine the reliability factor decreases. & the pr3/p30 pistons are cast and HC not good for a turbo DD build.

if you keep the ls pistons the most aggressive cams you can run are CTRs because of the valve reliefs on the pistons.[not deep enough] or you can have a machine shop deepen them to the cams of choice.

6. c97x

c97x sorry boss, its turbo

im so sick of reading, just boost it, boost is a pain in the ass and not nearly as reliable despite what some people think, if the motor comes stock turbo great, but there's nothing like beating a car with all motor and all motor is cheaper

7. TAGURIT

TAGURIT New Member

i prefer ALL MOTOR.....and i agree with the post above mine. turbo is turbo, but it feels good to spank a turbo with an all motor. but its your car. making power with out any forced induction and seeing it win is one great feeling especially when your the underdog.........

8. formby

formby learning in progress

NA= the expensive way to go slow.

when i can hit a button and get 10-50 more hp from an NA car then ok [without N2O].

with a turbo you can control the amount of boost you want going to the engine, hence a boost controller.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted