LS Vtech Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
mines stock lsvtec...gsr pistons..im wondering if i can go turbo..arent gsr pistons compression like at 11? So i've heard that you can go turbo at least 8 pounds..but i've also heard that 11s for compression is too high for turbo..so can i go turbo with stock gsr pistons?

can you? ya. but why? it'll just end up failing especially over a long period of time. if you're going boost like every other honda nutswinger has... you'll want to get a set of forged pistons and rods to handle the stress of being boosted.

better yet. dont build anything until you do A LOT of research.

well the thing is i want to put the turbo kit on and run it on stock pistons and stock boost for now cuz im low on cash...and i do research...but many ppl have different opinions about going turbo for high compression pistons.

^Werd, turbo is not a cheap route. Some setups can be done for less money than others, but they really nickle and dime you to death.

i agree wit the b16 head im lookin to get one this summer m also doin a all motor ls vtec build im use b16 pistons with the 1.8 rods and arp rod bolts and im slowly gunna buuild my head but stock im gunna run it to 8,900rpm.wunna my friends built this motor and had it in his crx and i think his best time was a 12.88 with slicks.

thing is that this is gonna be a daily driver car also...so my goal is to run 13's..thats good enough for me...so im gonna go lsv turbo with stock 7 lbs boost...but i dont know if i can hit that..

my set up is...
stock gsr pistons, ACT stage 2 clutch, skunk 2 manifold, 68 mm throttle body, adjustable cam gears, and 7 lbs turbo....and i want to hit 13's...what else should i do..

i agree wit the b16 head im lookin to get one this summer m also doin a all motor ls vtec build im use b16 pistons with the 1.8 rods and arp rod bolts and im slowly gunna buuild my head but stock im gunna run it to 8,900rpm.wunna my friends built this motor and had it in his crx and i think his best time was a 12.88 with slicks.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

This new breed of Honda enthusiast will learn real quick how NOT to do things when these motors start blowing up left and right.

I don't take anyone seriously who can't use proper spelling and grammar.

When you replace 'one of' with 'wunna'... You seriously shouldn't be touching any motor :ph34r:

Enough to BLOW THE FUCK UP. Good luck, I hope you reach that goal.

This new breed of Honda enthusiast will learn real quick how NOT to do things when these motors start blowing up left and right.

Already the problem round my area. Blocks go like fuckin hot cakes, and these fools just keep doin the same shit.

how much hp do you guys think a stock lsv with 7lbs turbo would have and how fast would it run?

As much horse power as 7 pounds could make. The question you should be askin in this case is, how long will that setup last?

how much hp do you guys think a stock lsv with 7lbs turbo would have and how fast would it run?
It's statements like this that immediately let everyone know that:

1)You're not ready to build anything
and
2) You haven't researched a damn thing

7 lbs eh? From what? a t25? a t3? a t4? t3/t4oB? a sc60? a t66? a t70? They all flow different CFM's which will yield different horsepower gains.

Why are there even search engines?! No one fucking uses them anymore... :disgust1:

well maybe you shouldnt be in this forum if you have no useful advice...plus this i called hondaswap..not mazda or bmw...

and i do research..but like i said..many ppl have different opinions and experiences..and i did say i was new at this...so dont bother commenting if you dont have any advice that will help..

btw...does anyone know where i can find a throttle cable bracket for a 94 and up gsr with a skunk 2 manifold? i'm using my civic eg throttle cable but i need a gsr throttle cable bracket...cant find one..help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back