ls vtech wich is best crank

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

madteggy

Does anyone know if i can put gsr crank in ls block n what i have to do to the block
the thing is i have an ls block ls crank pistons n rods and i also have gsr crank pistons and rods wanted sum advise on wat would be best set up with wat i got i waould appreciate it the advise im kinda confused

The LS crank has a longer stroke than the GSR crank which will in turn give you a little more torque. Ive heard of an LS crank in a GSR block, in which you have to plug the oil squirters and bend them out of the way just a little, but not the otherway around.

I would stick with the LS crank. That's why an LS/VTEC can make more torque then a standard GS-R engine, the longer stroke...

What ever you do....Don't be a foolish, lazy tuner and not micro polish the crank or think its okay to put any bearing in there you want. Smart thing is to balance it down there to the best of your abilities. Or suffer a spun bearing/blown motor before it even breaks in.

so should i put the gsr pistons on ls rods because i was searching and read that i wouldnt be able to put gsr pistons and rods with ls crank because the gsrs total would be 87.7mm length n the lss are 89mm length if im not wrong

so u sayin shot peen ls rods then put the gsr pistons what exactly does shotpeenin do to the rods
sorry bout the lack of knowledge on that

p30 pistons are best, they bump your compression 20 11:1-11.5:1 perfect for 91-94 pump gas.....with a good tune of course.

shoot peen is a machining process that strengthens the rods. Not as good as reputable aftermarket rods but stronger then just plain LS rods.

Back