Ls-vtech

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

crxfreak

I am coming across a problem with people thinking when you do an ls-vtec swap your bottom end cant take it.....HA, I laugh at you people because of the fact the b18a/b cranks and rods are prettymuch bullet proof and can take that 8000rpm range its capable of going to 11G!!!and when people say built right i laugh too because they are like well rebuild the engine right with the stock crank and yea u can do it...the thing is it doenst matter if u rebuild the engine...UR STILL USING THE STOCK SAME CRANK!!! HELLOOO??? another ? i get....why dont u just buy a gsr swap for ur crx? again i laugh because here's the thing....i buy a gsr swap probably a 92 because its obd-1 and its gonna cost me 3to3500g's when i can buy an ls, vtech it put an OBX muffler,OBX midpipe,Catco high flow cat, dc headers, AEM cool air intake, and with all that lest just say at a low i gain 30hp for some odd reason that low, then i have the same hp as ur gsr better torque by far with those parts, and i only spend 2500 bucks...saved me a grand and hey i can even get a b16a tranny and springs and all that good performance stuff before you can!!! AND remember that HP was at a low which means id probably have 175 to 180...for all you people swapping please do ALOT of research and read all kinds of people opinions then go the the shop and let them help also...have fun vtecin!!!!

WTF why did you even post? I can't belive you even know what ls-vtec is and think the ls bottom end if bullet proof. R/S ratio is everything to go high rpms and ls doesn't have a good one.

I won't even waste my time explaining why it isn't bullet proof because of that ignorant post. Read some of the other ls-vtec articles before you make another post like this.

:ufucktard:

OH YEAH! OBX is pretty much worse then apc y0! People like you keep them in business!

:ufucktard:

s3e49d7ed09364.jpg

Learn what VTEC is and what it does, then come back and argue, douchebag.

Yeah I had to go out and find this one for myself also.
vtech.jpg

Dude why the hell did u even post this??? u obviously dont know very much at all about honda shit. No stock botom end is bulletproof especially an ls..!! and they cant take 8000 rpms dude. havnt u read any other of the posts on this site>??? if u take time to read some of the other posts u will realiz yet again that ur an IDIOT!! :wtf: :ufucktard: :bash: :thumbsdown:

see thats the problem...cant u see what u guys are saying..."read some of the other posts and then come back and talk" u idiots UR JUST READING!!!! go find an ls vtec post on here i guarantee they can take 8g's...and i cant believe you even bothered answering...lol and OBX being bad...ITS THE SAME THING AS APEXi!!! fucking ball sacks and they have one of the most producing hp mufflers u can buy JUST the bolt on muffler is PROVEN to add 20-25hp and thats NOT with the other exhaust....u know what but let me rebuild my head i will use the b18A HEAD and i will run 11g's on stock crank and rods... all u do is add b16 pistons!!! JUST like this other guy posts here let me find it.....$3000 is a pretty good price for the build, but that sounds like it is going to be stock LS internals. This can lead to problems (notice I said can, not will). I have seen this build have problems with the intake valves hitting the pistons (not hard enough to lill the engine on the first shot, but it has the potential to become a problem). The remedy is to run B16 pistons. Their intake valve reliefs are large enough to accomodate the VTEC intake valves. Your other potential problem spot is rod bolts. The LS rods are plenty strong to take 8000 RPM, but some people claim the rod bolts are not. Personally I have never seen a problem with them, however, ARP rod bolts are $55. That is pretty cheap for a little extra insurance. see this guy says pretty much the same thing u rageing camel cock...so suck me off go to a shop that actually DOES this and take it from them....

Guys, why even argue with this guy?

Besides, he's got a muffler that can produce 25 horsepower, I don't think you should mess with him unless you want to get beat real bad in the next street race you're in.

I'm not just reading stuff... I'm out there doing it. I sure as hell wouldn't call the stock LS bottom end bulletproof, and there's no way in hell that it will survive 8k rpm all the time without modifications, not to mention 11k rpm.

Why don't YOU:

1. Calm down
2. Go learn a thing or two about rotational inertia
3. Internal grain structure and stresses of materials
4. Stop calling people vulgar names

I'm adding to your list:

5. Stop being a magazine racer
6. OBX is in no way, shape or form a part of APEX-i
7. There was no 92 GSR, 93 yes, into which it was a b17
8. its a HEADER

And I would LOVE to see the dyno charts showing the 20-25hp gain by installing that OBX Axle Back.

OBX ISN"T THE SAME AS APEX`I. The difference in quality and testing is immense.

I won't even waste any more time then that on this guy.

YEah this guy obviously knows everything about hondas. even tho a header, racing cat , and the rest of the exhaust being aftermarket prolly wont even produce 20-25 hp. I cant even stand how stupid this guy is but im gonna forget about all of this because it just pisses me offf more. :puke: :owned:

Originally posted by crxfreak Posted on Apr 5 2003@ 07:39 AM
lol and OBX being bad...ITS THE SAME THING AS APEXi!!! fucking ball sacks and they have one of the most producing hp mufflers u can buy JUST the bolt on muffler is PROVEN to add 20-25hp

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA stop it,hahahaha you're killin' hahahah me hahahahaha

dude have you tried those electric superchargers? they add 60hp y0!!! and on a ViTekch engine they add 75hp!!!!!!

you should get some of those POS stickers for your car their cool tooo.

GSR will last alot longer then a shotty pisspoor build LS/VTEC. <_<

I wish alot more people would learn to read up on a subject even just a little bit before posting instead of just posting "what their buddy told then" or "what they saw in FnF"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back