ls/vtech?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

egjdmls

ls/vtec?

i have a 92 civic hatchback w/ jdm ls motor ecu and an lsd tranny
im thinking about doing a ls/vtec what is the cheapest way to go??:D

Last edited:
b16 head and an ls/vtec conversion. you will probably get flamed for spelling vtec wrong by the way maybe you can change it b4 anyone sees it. good luck i think golden eagle is a good brand for ls/vtec conversions

i have a b18a1 with 10.5 compression, crower stage 2 came dh springs ret., skunk2 cam gears. basically an na ls

the basic things you need for your conversion is a vtec head, water pump, b series vtec ecu or a chipped p28 ecu.vtec oil pump the conversion kit, you will also need b16/gsr headbolts

yeah you you'll get a couple more ponies with the head. If you have the time and money i would put some pr3 pistons in there to raise the compression.

ohh and theres more to doing an lsvtec than you might think. read up on it here on the forums. i think B or someone, did a write up on how to do one. or at least explain the proper way of building one.

ITS MANDATORY you change the oil and water pump to at least a p30 or p72 one. you need the extra insurance for high revs. trust me i just lost my badass lsvtec build due to having the same old ls oil pump.

R.I.P. *sigh.......*

depends on the shot. Nitrous would the cheapest and fastest way. as long as you hook it up right,tune it and use it wisely you should be fine.

Go with a GSR head... and type R internals... look on ebay for some good parts... definitely go with OBX cams... stage 3 are the best cams made for hondas. Make sure you go with a type r oil pump too. You should do a little bit of head work as well. I just finished my LS/VTEC integra and I am running 14.0:1 compression and I am hoping to hit 12's at sea level. Let me know I am down to help you out

holy old thread batman!

your about 5 months off man. make sure you check the dates before posting:)

Back