lsd kit integra...what do u guys think about....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bigg86

i'm trying to build my tranny but i dont have a ton of money to spend on it,....doing some research i found this guy that sales this lsd kit that costs around $190. i've seen others that look completely different and go for double that price. here is the link eBay Motors: LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL KIT LSD INTEGRA GSR PRELUDE (item 170199486653 end time Mar-10-08 22:02:19 PDT)
is this LSD reliable? i emailed the guy to ask him if this was a kit that locks both wheels all the time and this is what he replied to me,... [FONT=arial,sans-serif]"The unit acts like a 2 way lsd unit. giving you traction. it will not lock up(like a welded diff) around corners but will give traction"
so i thought why spend double the price on a lsd differential if i can get this instead and save money? any suggestions? past experiences? Thanks!
[/FONT]

Looks cheap. Would most likely break under moderate to high loads. What he was trying to explain to you is that when you "weld" a differential, both wheels spin simultaneously in the same direction giving you great traction, but terrible for turning and cornering. If you were to try and make a left or a right turn, the wheels would fight against eachother and lock up causing skidding. I know first hand, I welded one of my d-series differentials :thumbsup: LSD works a little different. One wheel has a forward rotation, and the next wheel has the opposite rotation keeping a balance. When one wheel loses traction, the other compensates by slowing it down.

Just buy a decent LSD. The labor/swap isnt cheap, so do it right the first time and you will be happy with the results. Quaife is good, phantom-grip is junk. OEM LSD's work pretty well in my past experiences with them.

do you know where i can get a quaife lsd for a gsr? i'm also looking for 2nd and 3rd dual synchro gears for a b16 hydro to install in my tranny.

Back