LSD tranny and OBD

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

truoss

I have a 94 honda civic hatch CX and am ready to buy a GSR swap. I have a couple questions:
1) Are there any differences between the 94-00 GSR engines? If so, which year should I search for, and would OBD1 or OBD2 be easier in my case?
2) I see on most sites that an LSD tranny is $300 more. Is it worth it? What exactly is the difference from the normal tranny?

Thanks!
Truoss

obd 1 would be easier i think, but i'm not a swap god. but i do know that the lsd is worth it. have you seen my cousin vinny, when the car is in the mud, well just one tire spins in the mud, if he had limited slip the other wheel spins to.

Dude, the LSD is worth every penny, believe me. I have owned so many people simply because of the grip I get off the line with my LSD. Plus, there is virtually zero torque steer, which is nice considering that if you stuff third at 70 mph you won't throw yourself into the next lane over.

Get an OBD I motor. There will be less wiring headaches and OBD I is much more conducive to tuning. Plus, if you ever decide to go Hondata (highly recommended), you won't have to buy an OBD II - OBD I conversion harness.

Back