LSD tranny identification and wiring harness conv.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pitvpr

I just got a tranny and motor for a JDM h22a swap. I was wondering how i can tell what transmission type it is. The guy said that it was an LSD tranny but I'm wondering how i can double check to make sure it is and i don't get ripped off. Also the guy never sent me the part of the wiring harness that goes through the firewall, and i was wondering if theres a way to convert my 92 si harness to match the vtec one. Either that or am i totally screwed on that. anyone who can tell me how to identify the tranny and if i can convert my wiring harness that would be great thanks

Look through the transmission where the axles normally go- if there's a bar through it, it doesn't have an LSD, if you can see straight through without any obstructions, it has an LSD.

Yes, you can convert your wiring to work with an H22, no I don't know how.

That is correct.

The wiring isn't bad, and yes, you convert your stock harness to adapt to the new engine. It is much more time and money effective than trying to make the wrong harness fit your car. Try to get a "cut" harness with your swap, since you'll want a couple of the connectors to run a few new wires.

I have the engine harness for the vtec engine but not the part that runs to the ecu, what needs done to connect them, so my problem is connecting the ecu part of the si harness to the vtec engine harness.

LSD:
gallery_24518_204_1101446789.jpg

As far as converting your harness, it shouldn't be more than running wires to the ecu for VTEC Psi switch, VTEC solenoid, Knock sensor, and the IAB's. Or you could take apart your IM and take out the secondary butterflies, and only have to run 3 wires.

Thanks man. i definetly got ripped off on the tranny then. He told me it was LSD and it isn't straight through like that.

Nice picture!!! I tried to take a good pic and it would never turn out right.

You reuse your stock harness, and run a few extra wires from the engine to the ECU. You don't adapt a VTEC harness. However, it's nice to use the VTEC harness ends during your addition of wires, since your old engine didn't have those components.

What wires do i need to take from the end of the harness and where do i put them on the ecu. Basically I'm asking for any detailed instructions someone could give me. thanks

search around this site, and read some related posts..........This question has been answered 3498398345034985 times.

aight so i did some research like you said and yeah i found it. I dont know why i never came across it in the last few weeks i've been looking :huh: . Anyway, I got the new h22 engine in and hooked up the ecu, p13. my first problem was that the guy i got the engine from must have been some kind of wiring idiot. he destroyed part of the harness when he was trying to install the engine. I think i got the engine from him because he couldn't figure it out. I've spent the last half week rebuilding the wiring harness to what a vtec harness should look like and so far it works fine, but only with an h23 ecu, which i dont understand. i tested the distributor and found that it wasnt recieving any jolt, but this was only while the p13 was hoked up. runs fine with the h22. so the 3 things that i'm having a problem with is the clutch has no feel, it simply goes to the floor and stays there, i've tried bleeding the clutch but that didnt work. The power steering makes an aweful racket when you try to turn the wheel. and the engine only turns over when run by my h23 ecu, not my p13. I've changed the distributor from the jdm internal to my h23 external distributor and coil. Anybody that can help, that would be great. my one friend that was helping me had to go back to school after the vacation from college, so it's now time to figure out all the solutions to the problems before we work on it again after the semester ends.

Honestly, I'd start over.

Go to a junkyard and find a "stock" harness for your car. Modify it to accept the H22, and run the wires to the ECU for VTEC, IAB, and knock sensor.

You don't want to second guess that guys' work.

I know that harness can be bought for about $50.

Back