LSD vs Non-LSD

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I heard that for making turns and u turns the LSD transmissions Wear out tires unevenly and make it hard to turn, is that true?

um only if ur peeling out with more often.

lsd is better all around.

edit: i bet u mugen wuldnt waste their time on a sohc

Originally posted by turboB20hatch@May 5 2004, 12:08 AM
um only if ur peeling out with more often.

lsd is better all around.

edit: i bet u mugen wuldnt waste their time on a sohc

NO WAY DIZZLE DAWG! HAVENT U S33N THOSE MAD TITE JdM TenZo APC Myoogen singizzle camizzle vAlVE c0v3rz d0GG!

Anyhow, on a serious note, LSD is always going to be better. No matter what. Period.

:werd:

Mugen made an LSD for the D series transmissions. Go look for it.

Yes, but if it was, you can make it work in another D series transmission without too many problems.

Originally posted by Calesta@May 5 2004, 01:29 PM
Yes, but if it was, you can make it work in another D series transmission without too many problems.

can you elaborate?

what .....

ok, can you break down the "lsd" concept and what exact parts it requires and a real simple "how to" to install on the stock d series tranny?

just curious :D

No, I can't break it down because I've never sat down and tried, and I haven't made a thorough examination of a ZC and non-ZC transmission side by side.

:p

But here we go:

1. Remove transmission from car
2. Open transmission
3. Cuss a bit
4. Really open transmission this time
5. Pull all your gears, keep them together
6. Open up donor transmission
7. Pull gears, throw them all over the place
8. Pull LSD
9. Look at LSD, look at stock diff
10. Cuss some more
11. Walk to nearest dark alley
12. Buy your favorite collection of "special stamps", or a vial of straight liquid if you're brave
13. Go back home
14. Insert stamps / dropper into mouth
15. Insert stamps / dropper into old transmission
16. Reinstall transmission into car

You now have LSD in your stock transmission. :lol:

Seriously though, I'm not sure what exactly needs to be done- but I think it has to do with the cups mounted on the sides of the differential. The DOHC ZC diff uses a different cup setup so that it can run the intermediate shaft, while the other transmissions don't. I think that's the only difference. According to "Mista Bone" all the D series differentials use the same ring gear bolt pattern, so you can even swap final drives around if you want- just make sure you use the proper counter shaft when you change differentials / final drive ring gears.

Back