LSD

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

makes both spin in what sort of case. give me an example of like when an LSD would be really helpful, also where is it installed and what part's place does it take

ok, this is what i said in the other post EXACTLY like this. have you seen my cousin vinny? well when he's in the mud, just the left tire spins. if he had lsd the right wheel would distribute the power and send it to the right side. it will help you in every form of racing. it doesn't take the place of any parts, it's an addition.

LSD is the most potent psychoactive hallucinogen known to man. The abbreviation stands for d-Lysergic Acid Diethylamide 25. Discovered in the 1940's by German scientist Albert Hoffman, LSD is a semi-synthetic derived from ergot, a fungus that grows on rye and other grains.

Oh, wait... Never mind... LSD is a type of differential that applies torque to both wheels instead of just the wheel with the least traction. It helps launching, cornering and virtually eliminates torque steer, which is quite handy for downshifting on the freeway. It's worth the money, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Sorry about the drug spiel, I just felt like being a smartass. :roll:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 16 2003, 04:47 AM
howstuffworks.com has a good write up

www.howstuffworks.com owns j00!!!

Well simply put there are different types of LSD's

LEts make this reaaaalllll simple. One of them instantly Locks the differential together when traction is lost so both wheels spin. The other type sends torque to the wheel with more grip slowly so u get a smoother more predictable transition. If you want to buy one you have to make a choice... do I want to go in straight line fast or do i want to go around a corner fast? Of course some can give you the best of both worlds.

My two cents

An LSD uses clutch like friction plates to distribute torque to both wheels but it if didnt have cluthes and was just solid it would be posi-trac or a locker which are not nice on tires because one needs to spin faster than the other when you turn or one will skid and cause fucked up wear on the tires so posi-trac and lockers are only good for off-roading and drag-racing. so for a car that rides on streets with curves LSD's are good. with the stock differential only one tire gets torque so when it turns one tire spins freely so a LSD is a really good upgrade, also if you swap out the stock diff. for a LSD you have to use a gear oil with a friction modifier because of the clutch plates, if you didnt the clutches would just slip and it would act no better that the stock diff. ;)

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Oct 16 2003, 02:51 AM
LSD is the most potent psychoactive hallucinogen known to man. The abbreviation stands for d-Lysergic Acid Diethylamide 25. Discovered in the 1940's by German scientist Albert Hoffman, LSD is a semi-synthetic derived from ergot, a fungus that grows on rye and other grains.

Oh, wait... Never mind... LSD is a type of differential that applies torque to both wheels instead of just the wheel with the least traction. It helps launching, cornering and virtually eliminates torque steer, which is quite handy for downshifting on the freeway. It's worth the money, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Sorry about the drug spiel, I just felt like being a smartass. :roll:

yeah, hehe. Someone had to try that eventually. We were all thinking it... hmm... wren't we? :unsure:

Back