lsvtec all motor build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

allmotorek8

what do u guys think bout this build for all motor in a dc?

ls block pr3 pistons ls rods shootpeeded ls crank balanced with new oem bearings. b16 head resurfaced from the machine shop might reuse the b16 valvetrain if its good or just go with itr valvetrain if i need to replace it. blox intake manifold prelude injectors msd 2 step with launch control, gonna rock some b16 cams until i can find some mint ctr cams , and itr tb with 6 puck clutch b16 tranny with obx lsd and using chrome to tune?

around what numbers should i put down and around what numbers should i expect on the track? just wanna get a heads up

bump if u read this

the numbers really wont be high enough to push the dc. Now if it were in a crx it would be another thing. I had somewhat a similar build so if i were you i would defenitly look into some cams. The gsr cams would be a better choice too start off with than the b16's. Dont forget to get new vtec oil and water pumps. other than that you should be good.

With the b16 cams your prolly gonna be in the 15 high 14's. maybe 160whp? but you will have plenty more torque than the b16's. So it will feel spunky. Its just that you'll fall on your face around 7k. Gsr's will go further up the rpm. My previous lsvtec stopped making power at around 7400 with the chrome tuning.

Also you might to think twice about the lsd. I'm pretty sure your car will bog at a launch. You better have that 2 step set pretty high. You might be better of with a non lsd tranny and use the money on the head work.

just my input

and yes blanco is right. A dyno is the only way to tell the numbers. I'm guessing based on other builds.

I think you need to use more commas.

The only way to tell what it'll put down is to put it on a dyno and the only way to tell how fast it is is to take it to the track. There are too many variables. Figure that you'll make more power than stock and go faster than stock. Better yet, pick a horsepower goal and build the engine for it instead of throwing a bunch of parts at it and guessing.

lol i was just typing wasnt even thinkin? and i know bring it to the dyno and track but i said ABOUT WHAT TIMES SHOULD SEE AND NUMBERS. thanx for those that answered my question

Back