lsvtec almost done

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby any problems with clearance in the head?

i figure the biggest cam i could throw in would be ctr if i decide to stay na.

Quoted post[/post]]

that will have clearance problems with the pistons. technically itr ones will too. but you can fix that by making the valve reliefs on the pistons bigger.

very nice, flip the bitch around, i still want to see the line kit.

you hsould have used red thread sealer, not plumbers tape.

looking badass, you should have lubed everything up a helluva lot more.

everything is lubed that is needed, these parts arent new in the head. oil is still on every part and i will be adding more to all areas before i fire it up. ehh plumbers tape i think will be fine.

thanks for the comments and i will see if can get a shot tomorrow of the line kit.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looking absolutley fantastic!!

Props on the World Sport exhaust as well! My friend had that exhaust on his 90 Accord with an H22 swap. Sexiest sounding Accord EVAR!!

plumbers tape is fine, you just have to use the yellow tape, the kind meant for gas and oil. oil will eat through regular teflon tape over time.

but your build looks good :) going a lot faster then mine, haha. good thing my block is going to the machine shop tomorrow so i can actually get some progress :)

thanks guys ive put a lot of time, money and effort into this. even with a free gsr tranny i have about 3k invested and i didnt even build the bottom end up at all pheww.

gsrcrxsi: im jealous of your build, i think you did things much better than my build but i guess we have different goals. good luck and get cracken.

brian11to1: get going and post pictures!

i will get shots of the ge kit on the back tonight.

shot from this past weekend at the gainseville mini prix. i lost by friggin .200 to a damn focus all hooked up with espelir or something. khumo victo racers are the shit!!
mirrors0213bo.jpg

Quoted post[/post]]

no issues...i have a b16 I cam and a E gsr cam

i just bought some crowers 6402 so i'm a little worried...but dont they make cams for oem b18a/b...why are those not a concern???

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

no issues...i have a b16 I cam and a E gsr cam

i just bought some crowers 6402 so i'm a little worried...but dont they make cams for oem b18a/b...why are those not a concern???

im not sure, i keep hearing valve reliefs need to be changed but why wasnt it a problem on my friends b18a with 404's? shorter valves or something? maybe the distance in the combustion chamber is much closer with the vtec head?

valve will tap with ITRs and CTRs. and the bottom end will give somewhere. im not sure why it is not a concern with crowers in a b18a/b. maybe there designed different.

HONDA OEM Integra Type R 11.5 mm
Crower 63402 11.84 mm

is that alot more???

btw...im not trying to thread jack...i think you also want this info....ill stop if you want

no no its cool man, i would like to know as well. i think its good info to add to this thread considering i may have to ditch my turbo idea since i have plans for an engagement.

thanks for the flattery :) my build isnt that much special, theres still a few things i want to get to really make the most out of it, like an RMF header. but 700 is a little out of the way right now, lol. it should make good power :) im just waiting for the block to get back from the machine shop so everything is on hold right now.

My build is actually delayed a few weeks. Im moving into an apartment and I need to buy a new clutch/trans for my car.

Anyhow, today I did actually install my ITR dual valve springs, that was fun I must say. I only did the Intake Side though, as the little lapper suction tool I have was too big for my exhuast valves, so I had to go get a smaller one. Also, I bought a set feeler gauges so I can do the valve adjustment on my car soon, like in a week or so.

Oh, not to mention. Ive decided to go forged and will need to save for pistons/rods ($600 from IBSpec)... im looking at 11:1 or 11.5:1 CR on 91 Octane here in Arizona. Im skeered, but whatev'

Bump for a budget LSVTEC...

that has nothing to do with the head and valves

i have been talking with people that say you can go with a bigger cam as long as it isnt advanced. i dunno, i may try a ctr intake cam or buy header instead like greddy or something.

Quoted post[/post]]
that has nothing to do with the head and valves

i have been talking with people that say you can go with a bigger cam as long as it isnt advanced. i dunno, i may try a ctr intake cam or buy header instead like greddy or something.
the valve taps the piston which in turn puts more pressure on the bearings. however now that you mention it the timing might have been advanced.

Back