lsvtec and nitrous..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92tegGP

The Slut
ok well im getting ready to assemble my motor and i was just wondering a few things. im going with an lsvtec b18A1 block and a GSR head. My block is bored 20 over i have wiseco mid compression pistons eagle h beam rods. fidanza flywheel, exedy clutch and small other bolt on things.
Well anyways do you think that that setup would withstand a 100 shot of nitrous. im definatly going to run at least a 50 shot but id like to push it a little to 100. i will be having forged rods and pistons and i was reading a book and it said that a stock honda engine can hold up to a 50 shot so a 100 shot on my motor should be alright correct?
Also any tips as i venture into this project this month would be great, thanks

it says 9.3:1-9.8:1

That is actually quite low. Nitrous and high compression is a good combination granted your tuning is done properly. You will notice a loss on the naturally aspirated side, but a very nice gain on the bottle. Also, have a machinist file the piston ring end gaps down since you will be spraying. They should know how much to take off. Just make sure you upgrade the fuel system and engine management.

buddy of mine put bottle after bottle in his for almost 2 years. his was on a 50 shot though. car is sold but still runs strong.

Back