Lsvtec....b18b Block + B16b Head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmark6

back to my 97 civic.....im still debating for my 97 ex....i wanna ls with a b16b head...i havent heard about this setup ever...is it because it doesn't work or bad setup or did i just invent a new a new monster setup....i need some facts will this setup work or am i better off getting the gs-r head??? need help FAST

The reason you haven't heard about this setup is the B16b head is rare and incredibly expensive. Other than that is will work like any other LSVTEC build.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Apr 24 2003, 11:18 PM
The reason you haven't heard about this setup is the B16b head is rare and incredibly expensive. Other than that is will work like any other LSVTEC build.

:withstupid:

it is not some other fruity ls vtec sawp, for ur info lsvtec is a very potential motor, built right it can take alot of car on the street. wit the b16 u can stick on a Type R IM. NO FLAME just dont diss the swap becuz yall heard that it is not reliable, again YALL HEARD but not EXPERIENCE this kind of swap b4.i have, this swap can make sum great amount of power. here is a link of the dyno chart http://www.importreview.com/d_1.8.html or http://www.importreview.com
here u can see that ls vtec more is a potential motor, there is one that has stock everything that have only cams and dyno out to 206whp.

I have a 99 civic ex,I am swaping my single cam out for a lsvtec swap. The motor has new bearings gsr pistons,skunk2 intake manifold,skunk2 throttle body,golden eagle lsvtec conversion kit,4-1 stainless steel header. We started putting the motor in the car and realized we had the wrong rear L bracket or wrong rear motor mount, and I need 2 know which bracket I need. I have the bracket for a 99 SI and for a 95 integra ls. Any help with this problem will be greatly appreciated.

I have a 99 civic ex,I am swaping my single cam out for a lsvtec swap. The motor has new bearings gsr pistons,skunk2 intake manifold,skunk2 throttle body,golden eagle lsvtec conversion kit,4-1 stainless steel header. We started putting the motor in the car and realized we had the wrong rear L bracket or wrong rear motor mount, and I need 2 know which bracket I need. I have the bracket for a 99 SI and for a 95 integra ls. Any help with this problem will be greatly appreciated.

you need the 99-00 Si rear L bracket...the stock rear mounts should be fine

Ya the mount is fine but the L bracket needs to be changed. I believe the Driver's side mount needs to be changed as well.

Back