Lsvtec build. .

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Crix

I just got my block back from engine lab in tampa florida. Its been bored and honed and its been decked and inspected/hot tanked and pretty much looks like brand new. All I have left to do for machine work for this is getting the ls rods done.

What all has to be done to the ls rods for the pr3(usdm) .25os b16 pistons to fit the b18b1 ls rods? (pr4)

I need expert help on this or someone that has done this before would be alot better. Ive heard that nothing needs to be done then ive heard that it needs to be notched or whatever that means. I really need help. Thanks in advance.

I have the arp rod bolts already to be installed from the machine shop. Getting the ls rods stregthend and then getting the ls crank to be micropolshed and then getting it all balacned onces it ready to be put together. So all in all its coming together nicely but needs to know what is required for the ls rods for a lsvtec setup on a b16a2 head and a b18b1 block thats going into a crx hf. :D

yea already read that it says that the ls rods fit the b16 pistons with no modifcation. But your telling me that I need to shave 1mm off each side? See what i mean now.

Should i just give the rods and pistons to the guys at the machine shop and ask for them to install the pistons on the ls rods for me and see what they come up with? Iam sure theve acutally have done some of these before its a poplular place for alot of the engine honda builders.

oh shit my bad...

i was thinkin itr pistons.

sorry bout that. they fit the b16 pistons no problem

Everything should be covered in that tech article....

Um...don't be cheap and try to half-ass anything.

if i was goingto do that I wouldnt have paid 362.79 on getting the block prepped and cleaned, buying new pistons, buying a brand new gsr tranny. O and 600 for a si head that only has 25K miles on it. :) Trust me ive never been cheap on putting something like this together. First time with a b series motor so wish me good luck.

Back