1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lsvtec crank... help

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Slim0wnzu, Feb 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slim0wnzu

Slim0wnzu New Member

Hi im new here but i have been looking about ls vtec builds, right now i got a bareblock b18a but i have everything to complete the build but im just wondering on which crank to use.. ive been reading a whole shit load of stuff but never heard of which crank to use in this build i do have the Can a GSR crank be used or not? Sorry if this has been asked before, my last question before i start building.. thanks in advance

2. formby

formby learning in progress

LS crank

3. Slim0wnzu

Slim0wnzu New Member

Thanks! Maybe i should do a write up on how to build the actual motor.. or is there one already?

4. formby

one?

how about 6549684632168461684651654987+9546854651468419681649/4984984998465846813516841634138738471646879871618749x82515484515841815184515484658468784

5. tartymctang2357

tartymctang2357 Grand High Wizard

yes you can use the gsr crank for a slightly better rod stroke ratio

6. formby

then its not an lsvtec

the RS is because of the ls crank.... with out the crank you just have a gsr in an ls block

7. tartymctang2357

yea thats true, but he just asked if it could be used in the block, and really ls/vtec is a bad name for the type of build, because technically to make it a true ls/vtec you'd have to keep the shitty ls pistons, making it a terrible all motor build

8. formby

what?

you can use b16 pistons on ls rods and still be an lsv. ITS THE CRANK RODS THAT GIVE THE EXTRA DISPLACEMENT
    SO shut the fuck up noob unless you know that youre typing. idiot...

9. formby

we are talking about two diff things then blanco...

i would use a gsr block over an lsv if i had to do it again , because of the oil squirters / girdle and RS ratio..

but the whole point of an lsv is the extra TQ it produces because of the ls crank /rods

so
    this thread is about the crank in an lsvtec.... its an ls

[/thread]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  10. formby

wrong,

lsvtec = ls crank/rods in LS/ITG/GSR block

gsr crank/rods in any other 1.8 block is a gsr [might as well keep the gsr block if possible]

end of story.

i didnt invent it. talk to him/her about this. point is people do it. thats not up for discussion.

notice how you dont get the point.....

ITS AN LSVTEC BECAUSE OF THE CRANK/RODS thats the LOGIC get it...

lets review

[honda jeopardy!!!}

the question asked

what crank do i use for an lsvtec?

is the answer "what is an ls crank " pat?

yes!!! you win 200 hondollars

11. formby

the lsv should not be built with non vtec pistons BTW. the vtec pistons have larger valve reliefs... [ it can be, like my lsv but it shouldnt. i have to stick with oem cams]

and i was getting my point across dont get you panties in a bunch. i have no issue with you... i know your no noob....

just so i understand

if i have a gsr block with ls crank and rods with b16pistons and a gsr head, i dont have an ls vtec i have a built gsr?

or is it a built lsvtec or type R?

12. tartymctang2357

thank you blanco for defending my point, and jesus christ formby i wasn't tryin to nark on your fun or anything you can cool it man, read the fuckin question he asked if the gsr crank fit so i answered his question, you don't have to be a dick about it and you can fuck off with your noob bullshit no one needs that

13. Taco15

Taco15 I wear stretchy pants VIP

ok girls. lol damn. he has a bare block and is asking what crank he should use. I SAY, use whichever you want.LS,gsr,hell get a type R if you want. any of them will work.

heres a question. do have the rods? if so what are they. IF you have stock ls rods and wish to use them(i wouldnt) i recommend arp bolt for extra insurance.

continue arguing. TIME IN!!!!!!!

14. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

formby, why are you such a fucking cocksucking prick?

to the OP, you can use a GSR crank in the LS block without issue. You will need to use hte GSR rods also. if you use a LS crank, you will need to use LS rods.

You can put whatever pistons on the either rods. I think the CTR pistons need to be modified for the small end to fit into the piston, I think its this way on P30's as well. but, for the most part you can use any p16 piston on the LS rod to gain some compression.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  15. Slim0wnzu

Slim0wnzu New Member

When i got the bare block it came with the stock crank and rods and pistons but they are kinda shot, so im going to start looking for pistons for it. I also have all ARP bolts/studs for this build, any other recommendations for me? thanks guys

16. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

ARe you planning on using a girdle? If not, look into ARP's main stud kit. probably overkill, but... fuck why not? right?

17. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

Im with you on this. IMO, the point of an LSVTEC is to use the LS block and crank and rods... up the compression how ever much you want or even drop it... but, LSVTEC is built by combining the LS stroke with the flow of the VTEC head.

damn, i ramble a lot.

18. formby

THREAD TITLE

LSVTEC CRANK.... help

i just answered the kids questions...

what the hell is wrong with you guys..

blanco just because i dont agree with you doesnt make me wrong...

AND A COCK SUCKING PRICK.... WOW
    you guys might want to read what i posted again...i got a fucking verbal warning for my posts for no reason.... grow some

so it turns out he has the god damn crank... and rods...hmmm i wonder what he could do with those...lsvtec?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2007
  19. formby

you like to nit pick things...[you are right but if you think about it so am i] and if you took my comments as disrespect then let it be its your complex not mine [ non intended].... i dont expect you to "respect" anything of mine until i earn your respect...so whatever...

its a stupid crank thread... its not like i disrespected you personally if i did then i guess i should apologize

sorry blanco... better?

20. formby

i guess what i wanted to say, brian did

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.