lsvtec idle issues!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chancek

so i just got my swap put in a couple weeks ago on my eg hatch. its a ls vtec setup with a chipped p28. once i finally got it to start and idle it wont let the motor rev without bogging or dying out. so i ordered a skunk2 intake manifold and throttle body, all new sensors, and also a distributor. after all was installed it still did the same. so i bought a walbro 255 fuel pump and adj. reg. still the same results. all vaccum is good and have tried switching tps and map plugs around.

so now it will idle for about ten seconds and die out, and will not rev up. i did find out if i unplug my iacv it will idle fine but still not rev. please help!! i feel like i have tried everything there is and still cant get it running.

Check your distributor timing. Did you just install it without timing it?

well i know my timing on my motor is dead on. but i figured that even with the distributer a little off it would still stay idling?

played with the timing on distributor and still nothing. anymore ideas?

Check to see if your EACV is dirty. This could cause the shitty idle. If it is just blow it out with a air line hose and clean it up a little.

did that when i installled all my new sensors and intake manifold and im sure its clean. wish that was it though

Ok guys. Heres my list of shit to check.

First and foremost. The fuel map, You say your running a chipped p28. What chip and what map? Sorry to break it to ya but your probly going to to need a better tuning solution for an LSV than just a chip, depending on what your using.

Second. Valve lash, Has it been checked? Have you had any head work done lately?

Third. TPS, has it been calibrated to spec? .45v closed / 4.5-5v WOT

Fourth. IACV, have you done a continuity test between the IACV plug to the ECU pinout? This isnt so much of a concern as the others because the car will still run even if the IACV isnt talking to the ECU, BUT it is important.

Fifth. Are you running a wideband o2 so you can see what the air fuel ratio does when it "Bogs out" ?

Sixth. Timing....Are you sure its correct? Re do it. Are you using stock cam gears or adjustable? Timing being off alone will cause it to not run...Couple that with improper valve lash and improper fuel map and your motor will never see the light of day.

Seventh. If you dont have a way to monitor what your engine is doing and change it, Your screwed. This could simply be the injector trim or a map that the car absolutly will not run on, But if your not running hondata,chrome,uberdata. You have no way to change that which = screwed, Until that is....You get your act together and realize your not running a motor that honda programmed a fuel map for, SO...That means you have to do it or pay an experienced tuner to do it for you. Until then, a USDM P72 Map will allow you to run and/or break an LSV in until you can get it tuned.

Seventh is all speculation so dont take it personal, Because I dont know what you got or what your doing...Im just hoping for your sake you have realized most of this by now, because this is LSV.

Last edited:
Back