lsvtec intake

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tazinva

Well I'm looking for so advice I have a ls vtec I have put together and I have two intakes to use a 72mm ericks racing throttle body on a type r intake but isn't bored out to match. Then I have a type r intake with a 75mm edelbrock throttle body with a adapter plate welded on and bored out but the sensor is welded on the back of the intake is welded up so I don't know how it it will idle on warm up anyone's input would be great thanks

If the motor is stock, then run a stock TB. If you had some cams and head work done the bigger TB would be beneficial.

Ok well its not stock at all... It has been built 11.5 to 1 comp forged rods port polished head stage 2 cams... Maybe I should ask a different question. On the 75mm the sensor on the back of the Intake is welded up so will it idle wrong on warm up

are you talking about the IACV (idle air control valve) if so, you need it! if its a drag car then plug it up, but if its your DD then you need to run it

Use the 72mm TB with the Type R manifold and port match it yourself. A 75mm TB would suit a turbo motor better anyway. Plus the intake with the welded up holes will give you a terrible idle...if it even idles.

Back