Lsvtec Major Problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Mike_995

Ok basically, my lsvtec build goes as follows
360 cc injectors
Forged itr pistons
Head ports polished
Blue print stage 2 cams
KMS Valve train
P06 chipped to vtec.

Problem:

Car doesnt run worth a bag of shit. It doesnt idle, doesnt rev while driving past 3 grand, and the ammount of fuel being dumped into the cylinders is astronomical, I dont have a way of measuring this precisely, but by the ammount of black smoke, and unburnt fuel in the air (enough to burn your eyes) I can very easily tell that its way to much. The car also miss fires, sending flames through the IM.
What we have done so far:
Swapped the injectors to the stock ones (made it run worse..... oddly)
Switched back to the stock p06 ecu just for shits and giggles (runs better than basemap oddly)
Checked cam timing, retarded/advanced distributor timing, checked all wiring including the spark plug wires which should have cleared up the miss fire, but didnt.
Basically this is my problem, yes obviously the car needs to be tuned, but there isnt a single LSV setup that ive seen so far that has run this bad, and even so.. why would going back to the stock injectors make the car run even worse ? smaller injectors=less fuel (logically anyways), and im pretty damn sure that its running even richer than it was with the 360's. What ideas do you guys have ? im open to ANY suggestions.

Thanks alot
Mike

All you can do is check the basics. Is your ignition timing correct? Take a timing light and set it to 15-16 degrees. Is you fuel system set up right? Make sure you have your fuel pressure set to 40-45 psi and that your regulator is keeping up with your fuel pump. If you have any check engine lights you obviously have to take care of them. Check your camshaft timing, is your timing belt on exactly the right way? More likely then not you need real tuning, not some made up basemap. Especially when you a setup like yours with higher compression and everything.

Yea I tried that, I switched all of the temperature sensors just incase they werent working and bottoming out at -40 pumping alot of fuel into the motor, didnt help. I was also thinking about the basemap that it probably isnt setup for cold cranking conditions, therefore with the bigger injectors pumping alot more fuel into the motor before it even starts than it needs. I checked the cels, im getting code 21 because I dont have vtec wired yet, but other wise im not getting anything else. My cam timing is off by a very slight ammount, but I read around and I guess LSvtec timing is always a little bit off. Im gonna try and get someone to street tune my car on monday, im dying to drive it.... Its just getting WAY too much fuel nothing really I can do about it till a tuner can dial it in. I guess the motor looks pretty cool in there :D

Too bad your not in the Omaha area. I could get it setup for you and running good.

Yea lol, im in nova scotia canada, there doesnt seem to be alot of tuners. Most people around here stop at bolt ons. Few dare to even do a swap, its kinda lame. Im about an hour and a half from supposedly the best tuning shop in atlantic canada.

Back