LSvtec or b16?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zaneithan

i hear quite a lot about the LSvtec swap and the b16 not having enough torque, which would be better in your opinion?

if you get the lsvtec built right then do that, but I would suggest having a pro do it. b16 is easiest(no work required to install-lsvtec you have to re dowel the ls block, install the b16(or whatever)head and run oil lines etc...
do a b18c-integra type R...start out ahead of everybody!

LS/Vtec if u know how to build it right. if ur even a little skeptical DONT MAKE THE ENIGNE, it could be a 3000 doller waist of money, just get a b16a, OR save and buy a b18c1.

go for a gsr engine
lsvtec said that if he didnt have the b18 in his car already he would not go with an lsvtec.

Dude go with the b16, simple drop in, and has way more torque than any crx si engine would have anyway, plus the trannies are geared so short makes up for it, gut the crx slap on some bolt ons, and she'll be plenty fast to set you back in your seat. thank me later.......

Originally posted by jeff@Aug 17 2003, 08:17 PM
go for a gsr engine
lsvtec said that if he didnt have the b18 in his car already he would not go with an lsvtec.

That is mostly true, what I meant was if I didn't start with the B18A/B or have access to one for free I don't think I would have choosen this route. For the simple reason that if you have to purchase the LS block, this build won't save you anything over a GSR swap. It is only worth while in that case if you want to do some crazy internal combination. I would have taken GSR/ITR if I wanted to stay at 1.8L or the B20VTEC for some serious NA fun :)

Somewhere between 0 and 12098798527109234

Seriously, there is no way to predict. What do you call average? This is such a custom build that we couldn't even begin to give you a guess.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Aug 20 2003, 10:53 PM
Somewhere between 0 and 12098798527109234

Bawahahahahaha :lol: cruel world huh?

ls/vtec can be built relitivly cheap and are great fun, while they last. If you want it to last however you are going to have to spend some money to make it reliable. I would start with stuff like a b16 or type R oil pump, ARP head and rod bolts, and have the rods shopeined. If you wanna make it fast then use a GSr head and b16 pistons and you'll be running well over ITR compression. The last one i built i used all of the above and it has been the most reliable and most powerful so far and only stock honda parts were used aside from the ARP bolts . I had a little over 2100 invested in it total and has lasted well over 10 months. I have seen them last as little as 2 months when people did not know what they were doing and did it for under 800 bucks.

yea you can be at H22 Power!!!

with the right mods type R cams some valve train upgrades..

one of the guys is doing like 210HP in his EF LS/Vtec..

It has potential if you have the $$$$$$ :blink:

Back