lsvtec power?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

arroshiz

what kind of power do ls/vtecs make like if they are built properly but with stock ls bottom end and stock b16 head?

:withstupid:

but expect to see a 20-35+/- hp by slapping on a vtec head... but alot of factors go into play...

ive heard that they feel like a gsr just with more torque, but ive never driven one so dont take my word for it.

well heres my setup. 88 crx dx. chipped pw0 ecu with B18A1 bottom end stock except for the pr3 pistons (which are for sale if you want them). the head is completely stock. Dc header (4-1) and aem CAI. crappy exaust. i dynoed it and it made 172hp and 110 lbs tq. I could have made more if it wasnt for the damn exhaust. :cry:
Any way i'm changing my setup. soon to come P&P head, complete eagle assembly for bottom end and chipped p28.

from what i always heard was that it made the same power as a gsr except the lsv makes more torque. In my crx its fun to drive and is really quick.

well i've got a b18a1 eagle rods, ross pistons, 84mm eagle sleeves, type-r crank..and stock b17 head...will that stuff help me? lol

thats not a stock bottom end budyy....its built

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
thats not a stock bottom end budyy....its built

Yeah...if all those are in your bottom end...your kinda running a built engine yo.
lol, yeah, that is not stock at all. Might as well call my oversized custom CP's and Eagle rods (longer than stock, raised pin) stock. At least mine is still using the OEM sleeves. lol. Like everyone said, there are lots of ways to make power, but if you don't tune your engine, you might as well drive a stock car.

i know, i built it myself, i was just wondering about the stock bottom end

I have

95 ls block
Wiseco Pistons 20 over 11.8:1 CR
Eagle Rods
B16 Head
Crower oversized valves
Crower stage 2 cams
ITR manifold
DC header
ebay intake

and I made 201 whp and 135 wtq tuned.