Lsvtec Project Is Complete

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pills_PMD

VIP
well, after almost a week without my sol it's back up and running, this time powered by an lsvtec. the only problems we ran into was the thermostat not opening up at first and in turn the fan wouldn't turn on. no engine codes.. it holds idel perfectly, actually even better than before. I'm running a p28/ hondata with a p72 obd1 gsr map in it as my base map.

i'm tired as hell, so i'll just post this link and probably add more tomorrow...
https://hondaswap.com/~pills/lsvtec.html

lsvtecCOMPLETED2.JPG

congrats you just made a GSR, but I think honda beat you on the patent :D

jk/ congrats man!!

26 lol

i finished it, drove it home from our shop (2 miles) then drove to and from my girlfriends house (12 each way)

well, then i drove it back to the shop this morning to double check all the coolant hoses again and to network my dad's shop and hook up hte DSL, so i guess it's got 28 miles on it so far :)

Originally posted by pills_PMD@May 11 2003, 11:42 AM
except i'll make another 30-35 whp more than a gsr will and probably anothre 15-20 ft lbs of torque :)

what kinda tranny? My frined tried an LS/VTEC w' LS tranny and was whole unimpressed. he's got a CAN SIR/H22 now. I think he fixed the problem :lol:

Originally posted by Silverchild79@May 11 2003, 12:52 PM
what kinda tranny?

hes got the ITR tranny with an LS 5th gear in it

word. ITR tranny LS fifth gear.

i want to wait for at least 1000-1500 miles before I dyno it...

i can't wait to get some numbers either..
190 / 140 would be great... we'll just have to wait and see!

its a longer gear than the ITR 5th is .... so it keeps you from being at 5K RPM on the highway

doesn't anyone click on links anymore??

https://hondaswap.com/~pills/thesetup.html

i haven't proven a 30 whp increase yet, but i've seen a gsr in a hatch put down 157 whp with an intake and exhaust on it. my b16 put down 165. and the lsvtec is running 12.3:1 compression where the b16 was running 11:1

Congrats, on completing your LSVtec, I am sure you heard of the dark sol del sol, well if you haven't he has ran a pretty decent time slip 12.9 all motor with a 1.8 and CTR cams up top. Here is the link if you want to check the specifications out. http://www.darksol.com/showcase.html . Good luck breaking that 1.834 liter in.

Milan

ahhahaha and you can hardly call darksol a del sol anymore!! that thing is SOOOOO light. under 2000 lbs in race mode. AMAZING!! he was using an ITR shortblock on that pass as well..

1.845 huh, my bump :D , at least you got a little more umff from your bottom. Yeah, i was aware of Darksol running an ITR bottom.

I thought that his DelSol weighed in at just over 2k lbs? oh well.

I noticed that you posted that you plan on gaining an extra 30"W"hp from the difference in displacement, Now I agree with you on gaining more displacement from the extra stroke, but 30whp, just curious how you plan on attaining this with the extra 48 cc's.

Not trying to say that you can't do just curious on how you are going to get it.

Milan

Back