Lsvtec Project Is Complete

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i was just estimating 30 whp over a stock gsr.. my compression is 12.3:1
i watched my friends ls/vtec with a stock LS block (gay!) put 172/132.5 untuned and i will easily crush that. the same day i watched a hatch with a b18c1 with an intake/header/exhaust system put down 156.. that was when i did 164 on my b16 as well.

the 30 whp was just a guess.. it may be more.. may be less :)

Oh, i thought it was a modded GSR vs a modded LSVtec with the dame mods except the increase displacement. Makes sense now, you should be able to do that for sure. I have seen some nasty dynos with 1.8+honda motors.

Milan

Hey Pills, are you having any signs of detonation with that compression, what octaine rating are you using?

Milan

Break in? Coward!! What, you're afraid to see if my port match and valve cut did the job or what?? Spin that puppy.

And seeing as you DID spin that puppy after I told you to, you see why I like to spin then up after no more than about 20-25 minutes at idle. 8500 will break it in just as well as 2500. The difference is, one takes 3 weeks to do, the other takes 5 minutes to do. And you can get the puppy tuned and ripping a whole lot faster, if you bypass all the break-in myths.

I let it idle, let it pump the oil around and warm up to make sure she won't sieze up, change the oil, and spin the piss out of it. If it's going to come apart, you might as well know about it now. If break in was THAT important, then top fuel, top sportsman, and super pro guys would live by it. I've pullen enough of them apart with every kind of break-in style known to man, only to find that break-in is relative only to the number of times the piston goes up and down, and the tension on the rings. Not the amount of care given to the throttle for the first few 100 miles.

In any case, bump back the dizzy about -4 to -6 degrees untill you get her back on the dyno to find out where she's at. I have a feeling your "lag" is more likely mild detonaion, and less cam tuning than you think. Try dumping her back to 8-10 before and see what she feels like then. Might clear up the "bogg" untill you can tune that MAP.

Stick
"inventor of things, and porter of heads......is "porter" a word??"

oh god, tim worked on your car? you're screwed :p

j/p

bill tryed the break it in break-in method.....

he rebuilt it 2 days later

it's def. cam timing.. i upped the VTEC crossover to 5.5k and there was no lag (for lack of a better word) at all.

once i fix that cam timing around.. i'm going to try0,0 for a day or so and keep on the ass dyno.
thats how i set them last time... :)

eventually i will dyno it.. probably a month or so.

but i'm sure it is cam timing .. there is no mid range.. but low and high end is amazing.. so it's just going to take some fine tuning.. and thats what i do :)

Pills, That motor looks mean. You should be in the 200 whp range. Keep us informed on how the dyno goes.
Ohh, yea! Start spinning that motor!

You better pull some good numbers Pills otherwise your a fucktard,,,,,,,,,,,LOL :p

Milan: damn Del slo's :D

This Bastard went 12.3@109
cxr1.jpg

Set Up:
Car: 92' civic cx hatchback

Engine:90' integra ls bottom end with 00' integra type r head, skunk2 cams (recently replaced by crower 63403), skunk2 valve springs and retainers, skunk2 intake manifold, integra type r throttle body, rc engineering 270cc injectors, b&m fuel pressure regulator, unorthodox cam gears, unorthodox race pulley, msd wires msd 6al ignition, dc sport 4-1 JDM header, CTR pistons ,stock LS rods and crank, 97 GSR tranny, apexi V-AFC ,skunk2 p28 ecu, apexi N1 cat back exhaust autometer shift light.

Suspension: apexi N1 coilovers wheels: street- 16" rota circut 8 gunmetal w/ 205/45/16 yokohama. Track - 13" lenso's w/ 24.5x8x13 M/T(front) 15" bogart skinnys(rear)

Milan

i out my ls motor together with used jdm b16 pistons and tried to get away with using the used rings on the pistons . . . i revved the motor out to the rev limit with like 2 miles on it (after a 30 minute idel running time) . . . on the 3rd day about 110 miles it started smokin like crazy, 007 smoke screen style. so i took the motor apart and put it back together with honda b16 rings and rehoned the cyl walls on a saturday afternoon. . . now shes runnin good, can't wait to see how it runs with a chipped ecu.

keep us updated on how she runs.... i plan on doing a similar build......

something reliable as well

i'm hoping for some 13.xx passes myself in the sol since its so heavy and on street tires...

Back