lsvtec question!?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RS1

aite i have a LS motor, that im thinking about doing a LS/vtec on, im just planning on putting new oem, bearings rings, with b16pistons, and get a b16 head slapped on, what else do i need? and how much would the cost be? thanks

there's a lot more to it than just "slapping" on the head.
you need to run the oil lines, the wiring for the vtec, the ecu to control it, and so forth.

? where does the tappin take place on the block,head or both and what spot exactly how much will a machine shop charge for it more or less ?

lets say it will run in my 90 civic and will replace the b16 i have OBD-0,what year ECU & wich one would i need to USE i imagine a OBD-0 ECU but wich one to make the vtec head WORK?.

1 more little Question i have a b18A and i was reading that the b18B has a bit more HP & torque............Can i change something to make it have the same torque & HP as the b18b like lets say the crank flywheel rods pistons.

OH and whats the most i can bore out the cylinder since i have a blown piston in #1 cylinder............ like the absolute limit.

THANKS A BUNCH and sorry to take over this post but i think he needs pretty much the same info im asking for.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: THANKS ALL

use the head you already have, and the ecu as well...

basically, you will only be replacing the bottome end with that of the b18...

try to get a better tranny than that LS long gear mofo for any setup.

Originally posted by JDMilan@Oct 13 2003, 10:38 PM
try to get a better tranny than that LS long gear mofo for any setup.

like wich one that the only one i can use with long gears for my LS VTEC
it has to be cable KEEP IN MIND.

I used the S1, it's cheap and is the SiR gearing of the cables..

I have 2 projects B16 f1rst Gen TURBO & LSvtec N/A
the b16 came with a Y1 tranny,wich sucks Balls cuz 1st its grinding on 2nd
and then it has those short gears wich ,akes it uncomfortable to drive in the freeway. As for the GSR tranny of a B17A i really doubt i will find one since their rare already.Is thier another b16 tranny with long gears like th Y1
or is the ls a good start.

1 more ? will my factory LSD from my Y1 b16 tranny fit on the YS1 LS tranny.

Back