Lsvtec swap problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

5speed

Hey guys well i swaped my old d16z6 motor out and droped in a lsvtec and started it..no check light enigine or no leaks..but when i took it out for a test drive i gased it all the way and the car barely went. It seems to be crusing like at 20 mph only and no faster. Fuel regulator says its at 38 psi. Car seems to rev up fine but wont go for some reason. Took it to the shop and they said they had no idea and thought maybe it wasnt getting enough fuel. I checked the axel and it seems to be in place all the way. My speedometer doesnt read also its always sitting at 0 mph. And i dont think its the ecu. But i did buy a new p28 ecu with clear chip ready to be tuned. Everything seems to be hooked up except O2 sensor. (Speedometer doesnt read....when i give full throttle car barely moves...no check light engine so all sensors must be good....timing belt was redone so timing is correct) HELP ME GUYS!!!

also i reved it up and the rpm dropped down to 3 thousand rpm and stayed there...but my throttle cable seems to be good...well i really need some help guys so any ideas?

speed sensor is hooked in as well so speedometer should be reading, but its not....so again need help with why my speedometer isnt working, why car barely moves when i give it gas, and why rpm stayed up at 3 thousand rpm after reving. please help me out yahhhhh...

I can't back this up at all but i remember reading something about a faulty speed sensor having a negative effect on some vtec cars. For example vtec wouldn't engage because the car had to be seeing the car actually moving above 20 mph.

Anyway may want to check into this.
I have no idea if this would have an effect on your 3k rev stalling etc but it's something to look into.

well i guess my car revs up fine now...it doesnt stall anymore...but one thing i noticed is that my fuel pressure is at 38 psi..but after i rev it, the pressure drops to 35 psi then comes back to 38....i thought its suppose to go up after reving but for some reason it went down..

another thing..my ecu is a p28 with a all motor chip...when i drive it with the all motor chip it barely moves and picks up very very slowly...when i switched the chip to the turbo chip, the car was tring to start but it world choke and turn off...i used a CTR ecu and it drove worst then my p28 all motor ecu....btw my chips arent tuned yet i'm gonna go tune it soon after i find out whats wrong with the car...i dont have the o2 sensor hooked in yet so i dont know if thats the problem....also my speed sensor might not be working cuz i broke the little clip that connects it to the other part of the other sensor so my speedometer is still not working...darn i got way too much problems and need serious help with all of these!!

okay so my car still lags. I put a gsr map sensor and using a stock p28 ecu. Car runs fine but when i give it more gas it lags and doesnt want to pick up speed. Doubled check everything, pistons are fine, timing, hoses wiring. only thing i still need to do is hook up o2 sensor and change my stock fuel pump. But i doubt O2 and fuel pump would be the cause right? Really need help.

well for starters connect the O2 sensor, there's a reason the ECU needs that input. For the fuel pump just get a Walbro to be on the safe side, they're only $100 or so. As for the ECU, get it tuned properly by someone who knows what they're doing. Who built this LSVTEC anyway? I hope it wasn't you cause you sound like you have no idea what you're doing.

lol naw i got it off of a buddy...i'm planning to get it tuned and knock off the o2 sensor...hopefully it runs right after i get it tuned...i'll throw in my walbro fuel pump the night before i get it tuned..also go a set of 680 injectors also...but even without the o2 sensor and fuel pump in shouldn't it at least be running fine? When i first start up the car and drive it, its fine and feels good but after a few blocks i drive the car doesnt want to pick up speed as fast..i have to slowly accelerate for the car to drive...

i dont think my motor's getting enough fuel...either something with my sensors or my ecu...i had a blox fuel regulator and on my guage it was set at 38psi and after reving it the psi shot down to 35...so i swtiched it with a stock gsr regulator and after reving it it shot up to 45psi...i was thinking about switching my tps sesor and seeing if it makes a difference but i dont know if it would....car picks up a little faster but still lagging...barely makes it on the highway at 50 mph lol really need a good mechanic to help me....so what do you guys think?

really need help with this stupid lagging problem guys cuz i've been on a bunch of differnt forums and sites and nobody knows what's wrong, any advice may help me out guys!

i changed fuel filter..put bigger injectors in and car still lags...i changed the map and tps sensor..fuel pressure sits at 38 psi and revs up to 42..so fuel is good...turbo boost controller sits at negative 21 psi and will boost up to 5 psi so vaccum is good...motor seems fine...but i still have no idea why car is lagging...sometimes the car starts to lag when it starts to build boost...i'm running a chiped p06 ecu with a few specs that allow me to run my bigger injectors...i think i just need to get the car tuned but i can barely get up to 50 mph...maybe i need missing link...everything seems to be connected, so i dont

id put a ignition scope on it and check out your patterns. i had a bad hesitation like that on a ford focus once. it turned out it was just a bad coil. rep me up if this helps plz.

It's not the o2 sensor either...i put that on last night and it's still running junky..

Is the chip tuned for 680 injectors? Is this a turbo car? If its all motor, no reason for giant injectors, were running 880's on my brothers LS/Vtec turbo car. I would get a new VSS for the speedo problem. As for the bogging, are you sure your cars not running in limp mode?

yeah my lsvtec is turbo...the ecu isnt tuned yet cuz i cant even make it up to 50 mph and get on the highway...so i cant even get it tuned..

so heres the deal..i'm running stock gsr injectors with stock p72 ecu...car will make it up to 4 rpm and wont go higher...running missing link also...vaccum pulling at -20...blow off valve seems to go off at 5 psi by itself..car still lagging...really really really need help...

Back