lsvtec turbo setup

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

R.E.Developement

Import King of Irvington
hay watsup everyone?? my boy is turboing his lsvtec setup. this is just a simple turbo setup running around 7-10 psi. i was wondering if this turbo that he is getting gonna be too big..

TURBO SPECS:
SUPER T3.T4 TURBO
.50 / .63 EXHUAST
SHAFT & WHEEL TRIM 64.5mm
COMPRESSOR WHEEL SUPER
STAGE III
TURBINE HOUSING A/R .63
COMPRESSOR HOUSING A/R RATIO .50

tell me what u think.

what would be a good turbo for his set up

Originally posted by [Freemantle]@Nov 13 2004, 10:51 PM
I say it sounds like a stonemountain special. Be careful of those.
[post=416556]Quoted post[/post]​

what is it about these turbo's that make them less than......

I was actually wondering this myself. They have all these E-bay auctions for their $500 turbo kit consisting of manifold, turbo, and wastegate. The manifold is TIG welded and the turbo is a garrett I believe... what's the deal? Add some piping, a fmic, and a hondata and you have a cheap turbo setup?

Even HMT guys diss on them for quality, citing examples where the turbo just *fails*. A Turbo shouldn't do that ever unless you are doing somthing terribly wrong or powerful.

first of all I'd ask what kind of ls/vtec you are using. There are quite a few possible combos, and I'd be looking at your compression ratio a bit when deciding turbo size.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Nov 17 2004, 04:36 PM
first of all I'd ask what kind of ls/vtec you are using. There are quite a few possible combos, and I'd be looking at your compression ratio a bit when deciding turbo size.
[post=418380]Quoted post[/post]​

okay take this example
rebuilt stock b18a/b block, bored 20 over, with a blockguard, decked, and the head resurfaced.... does any one have real examples of failure associated with cheap turbos...

all the time. turbonetics is often call turboheadaches. there's a reason.

and please god don't use a block guard. and don't thin your already weak sleeves by going 20 over. and please use millmeters. we don't build chevys. say your taking it from 81 to 81.5mm. it makes much more sense than .020"

Back