lsvtec with type r head...jdm p30?????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rdt

Ok I need help, I have a 96 integra auto that I'm about to convert to manual.I also have a type r head for it.Today I got a p30 jdm ecu, will it work or do I need something else???The code on the side is 37820-p30-n21....BTW the car is turbo...Doug

At what rpm's will vtec come in..
What is the rev limit of the jdm p30

since its a turbo car youll need to chip that P30. check out xenocron.com for the hardware, and then go to pgmfi.org for tuning info.

If this base info for the P30 is right (from Crome), VTEC engages at 5900 and rev limits at 8200. Sounds high to me, but ive only got my prelude to reference against.

i could burn you a chip for itif you get ethe ecu socketed. and as for the rev limit and vtec engage i can put them where ever the hell you want. I had a mugen chip and the vtec kicked in at 5700. i took it down cause it kicked pussy up that high. i keep mine at 5k and my redline i put at 8k thats 200rpms under the stock redline

I think you can't chip this ECU, it's the one with a surface mount 74hc373. I read in PGMFI.com that it's hard to find...Doug

unless i'm missing something since i've been out of the tuning game for a while... 96 is obd2 and p30 is for obd1?

96 = obd2.

if you're p30 is a pain to chip, sell it.
you can get more for a p30 than it costs to buy a socketed p28.
trade with some boday.... and be ahead of the game.

Back