lsVTEC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

allgo

MY FRIEND HAS A LS MOTOR HE WANTS TO SELL AND I WAS THINKING ABOUT BUYING IT. I WANT TO KNOW HOW RELIABLE IT IS. BLOCK HAS GSR CRANK AND GSR RODS AND STANDARD JDM ITR PISTONS. THATS ALL THAT IS NONE TO THE BLOCK. B16 HEAD WITH GSR INTERNALS. OIL LINE IS HOOK UP TOO. HOW RELIABLE IS THE BLOCK?? CAN I GET oil squirters and crank girdle INTO THE BLOCK EASY??? WILL I NEED IT? IS IT WORTH IT TO TRY AND DO THIS??? WANT MOTOR TO LAST AND NOT BLOW UP. ANY IDEAS, LET ME KNOW WHATS UP. THANKS PEOPLE

first off 86 the caps lock, and yes if done right it will work just like any other B series, done right means getting the right headgaskets, sealing the oil passage, getting a lsvtec oil kit which costs almost nothing, honing the sleeves for new pistons, new rings, bearings, seals, gaskets and will work find. Z10 crank girdle is recommended for high rpms with that block.

good luck.

i have about 50,000 miles on mine me and my buddies did it and that thing kick ass b16 head with ls 95 is best set up then i use type R tranny thing just sick :p

see my webpage for my experience

12.3:1 compression
ITR tranny

my mistake, it has ls rods and crank. will the block be able to rev to 9000 with no problem?? i really dont want to spend much to make is new, so what can i do. i have let 300 bucks left after i buy the motor. what should i get?? i want to use the same piston. how can i make the block more safe with much money?? any suggestion on what i can do???? i am hopein that one of my friend can build it for me so no machine work. or should i just buy motor and save up.

if it is just a stock b18b motor, you should be able to get a complete swap for around $900, not just the motor.

if its a ls/vtec, and you already have all the extra b-series stuff you need (i.e. tranny, ecu, mounts, linkage, etc.), and you trust your friends building skill, then i say pick it up if its in good condition.

Back