Lsvtech

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

spoon35

I was woundering if lsvtech was relaiable? If you only rev it up to 7000rpm wouldnt it be safe? I was also woundering if a gsr or a typer trans would bolt to a b18b1? would the gearing be better for all motor in those trannys then an ls trans?

vtech = telephone
VTEC = Honda's variable valve timing technology

please get that straight before you go any further

you can safely rev an LSVTEC as high as you want if you build it properly (check the FAQ there are articles in there about doing this)

yes the ITR or GSR trannys will bolt up
yes they will be better for NA

Sorry i must now slam my dick in a door 4 times so the vtec gods wont be mad. :D

Now that thats done i have another question. If you run lsvtec with a turbo then where do you run the turbo oil feed from? :worthy: Can you use two tees in the oil pressure sender or do you need to get oil from different areas? Also ive heard rummors that you have to check clearnce before you shove high compression pistions in a car or they will hit the valves. If this is true then how do you do that and is there any prep you should do before raisng compresion? :ph34r: what do i need to do to make this motor a daily driven 13's in the quarter car?

Originally posted by spoon35@Jun 5 2003, 09:45 PM
Now that thats done i have another question. If you run lsvtec with a turbo then where do you run the turbo oil feed from? :worthy: Can you use two tees in the oil pressure sender or do you need to get oil from different areas? Also ive heard rummors that you have to check clearnce before you shove high compression pistions in a car or they will hit the valves. If this is true then how do you do that and is there any prep you should do before raisng compresion? :ph34r: what do i need to do to make this motor a daily driven 13's in the quarter car?

we don't even know what you're driving to give you an idea on the 1/4 mile

Any time you change heads, change cams, change pistons, change anything inside there from stock you should check clearances. It's not hard and it doesn't take too long.

z10 engineering makes a tap that fits on your oil pump. You could feed the turbo from it. If you are even thinking about boost, don't build for more compression.

I drive a 2000 integra :worthy: But I thought i knew my shit till i came on this page. :blink: So whats the highst compression ratio i should use for a street setup?

dont waste your time. LS-VTEC is a very indepth, difficult, if you don't now vtec from Vtech your engine is going to go boom, swap. Also, LS-VTEC-Turbo is way too much overkill. My freind has a 98 LS-T running all stock internals and is running at least a low 13 second (only been to the track once and it was his freind running it in HS nationals and the freind could not drive the thing worth shit and still made a 13.9 pass)

Now it wouldn't be a waste of time, but for boost you will probably be able to make all the power you want (and more) from an LS-T setup.

Highest compression for what? Boost? NA? N2O?

Well do any of you know how long ls-t lasts? How many of you know someone that actually has it? Have any of you seen a integra run the quarter with it?

about it lasting long, it all depends on ur setup...how much psi ur running? what turbo? did u make the block bulletproof? how hard u drive it? too many factors man...

Originally posted by spoon35@Jun 9 2003, 05:45 PM
Well do any of you know how long ls-t lasts? How many of you know someone that actually has it? Have any of you seen a integra run the quarter with it?

Here's my opinion. Your LS/T wil last as long as YOU don't drive it. MANY people on this site have a ls/t setup. If you read peoples answers you would know that asmallsol's friend is running 13s on stock internals. Why is your name spoon35? Do you have spoon stickers on your car? Sorry, I just found out I have to stay late at work..... :angry:

dude, b4 u stop dissing other people check ur own name. Sohc Slammer, ur avitar is b16 or b18c5, and u also say ur gunna get a GSR engine(not red valve cover). make up ur mind b4 u slam someone else.

Ladies and Gentlemen this had gotten a wee bit off topic.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back