luckiest dude in the world

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Holy Shit. He is a lucky lucky man. I can't believe that happened. Complete Fluke.

On a note about guard rails. A friend of mine was going down a hill. The hill comes to an abrupt stop at a T. Turn left or right. Well black ice ensued, and he hit the guard rail. Take into fact he was barely sliding,but still moving. It gave way and he went down a few hundred foot enbankment. Well he came to an abrupt stop in someone's front yard. Sure enough by the time he got to the bottom his explorer went head over heels around 12 times. He walked. Soon enough the city dropped him a little over 3 million for his pain and suffering because...the big guardrail failed to even remotely slow him down. Funny thing was, it hadn't entered his mind about suing them.

While I admit it's a big drop, that's either a photoshop or the picture was taken with a very wide lens to make the drop seem bigger than it is. No way in hell I'd be standing on the very teetering edge of a 10-story cliff with half my body inside an unstable wrecked pickup truck that's leaning towards me with no safety gear.

Did his truck manage to fly over the pipe opening ? I don't get it.

On that matter, last winter I stopped with the Tracker to a dam near me. The Stevenson Dam:

http://www.hvatoday.org/info/StevensonDam.jpg

Here, late at night, an extended cab truck with 4 Coast Guard students were going back to Groton after a weekend in NYC. They hit ice (Going way too fast) and went up on the water side, then across, and smashed into the drop side, and the truck was up on the guardrail of the drop side.

Well they were out of the truck, they climbed out the windows, now overhanging the rail. All were ok. It was dark, and neither side of the dam are lit.

I made sure everyone was ok, and made some calls to the police and such. But when it was all over, I asked them how scared they were. "Not much, I mean I knew we were ok". I asked "Did you know you're on a dam?" and they said "No, I thought this was a bridge!"

I showed them the drop that they were teetering over with my million CP spotlight. They shit themselves when they saw the drop. But I told them that I would rather take my chances on the fall, then in the water on the otherside - The water on the other side has such a strong undertow it can suck down a tractor/trailer in under 10 seconds, and keep it there.

Where the cat? (someone might know what Im talking about)

Back