lug nuts...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

sufikation

some dudes at les schwab told me i needed "special" lug nuts for the civic...but they didnt have any. so after being a honda owner since 02 and going on my 2nd civic this is the first time i have heard of this. someone able to clarify this for me.

i just run the integra fat five alloys. but the lugs look worn on the back...i dunno though, maybe im seeing things.

what a douche.. you dont need any "special" lug nut because its a honda

Wow Eg6sir must not know whats going on bro..Why would there be cut in groves behind the lug nut than..Its not making full contacte to the wheel itself..Phost a pic tom bro of one of are lug nuts than he mit know what is going on..Its very odd Eg6 trips us out..
Kov

what a douche.. you dont need any "special" lug nut because its a honda
thats what i thought...and im sure the wear on my lugs is just from day to day use. it still tripped me out a bit though.

Wow Eg6sir must not know whats going on bro..Why would there be cut in groves behind the lug nut than..Its not making full contacte to the wheel itself..Phost a pic tom bro of one of are lug nuts than he mit know what is going on..Its very odd Eg6 trips us out..
Kov
Can someone please decipher this?!

I think they should have an automatic speech corrector every time you post so that normal literate folk like 90% of us can understand.........

maybe when they say "special", they mean "metric"^_^

Or maybe by special they mean your a dumb ass if you pay extra money for anything besides a std lug.

The only thing that I could think of is that on some Civics that have steelies and hub caps actually have a little rubber ring around them that holds the cap to the rim, instead of the typical ring and snap on the cap.

sufkation[COLOR=Black said:
][/COLOR]i just run the integra fat five alloys. but the lugs look worn on the back...i dunno though, maybe im seeing things.

Someone please explain how you think that lug nuts "wear"... it's just a friken nut, it doesn't wear!

LOL..Ya i know i shouldent type when i'm all fucked up..But i try..hahaha..Lug nuts u fool..look at the back of your lug nuts and see if there is wear and tear on the back of them..Bah noob KOV..

LOL..Ya i know i shouldent type when i'm all fucked up..But i try..hahaha..Lug nuts u fool..look at the back of your lug nuts and see if there is wear and tear on the back of them..Bah noob KOV..

Oh, you OBVIOUSLY have a great understanding of cars and especially the mechanics of simple nuts and bolt.

The lug nut has a tapered end on it, this end goes into the opposite taper shape on the rim. These two surfaces "crush" together to get you your holding force/friction to hold your "bling" onto your hubs. Of course there is going to be scuffing and scoring on these surfaces! But they won't "wear out." Once they are tightened there is no movement between the two, so there is no such thing as "everyday wear and tear."

... friken noobs

Kov
\
????

Um, wtf? How did eg6sir get involved in all that?

Oh okay, phew, I had to go look. I thought that guy told me he was from Idaho.....I was about to pack my shit and leave before the down syndrome plague hit Boise.

well im glad my simple question got turned into some sort of crap talk contest....thanks for the "tips" though. the only reason i brought it up was because the guy at schwabs said so...its not like paying a buck a lug nut is that much if i had decided to buy them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back