lug nuts...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
aleaf...sorry i tripped, i just get mad when a question gets turned into "who has the bigger epeen" thread. i shouldnt have called you out like that. and as far as this lug nut shit, im gonna pretend like i never even asked the question and carry on with life. so thanks for everything from everyone...peace.

ps - celerity, i looked it up, the only "special" thing i could find was that i need the ball/spherical seat lug nut for my fat fives, and most other stock honda/acura alloys.

Oh, I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to eg6sir. It's cool though, it's takes time for people to realize that people change.

geegee bee gotta pay no atedion. i luvit yal do dilly. heehaga

Ok, eg6sir, can you explain to me why this is allowed on threads, but ACTUALLY answering technical questions asked by other members gets pretty much all of your posts deleted?

Just a thought, considering I have no idea what this guy is saying, but I'm almost positive that it is neither on topic or answering a question...

He just hates me. And likes to show off his e-dominance by deleting posts when someone is defiant towards him. Not like it matters anymore anyway.

I didn't even do anything to you and you're just being a petty asshole. Besides, I think someone asked you a question, so stop singling me out.

Ok, eg6sir, can you explain to me why this is allowed on threads, but ACTUALLY answering technical questions asked by other members gets pretty much all of your posts deleted?

Just a thought, considering I have no idea what this guy is saying, but I'm almost positive that it is neither on topic or answering a question...

up here SiR

Well, I was saying sorry and Kermit asked a valid question. Then, once again, Eg whatever gets on here. End of story there. Sorry, I'm seriously not trying to dramaficate everything I read/type.

And Aleaf is a little girl that needs more drama in her life..Someone help her out..Drama Aleaf cr crap..lol I love this..lets keep going your next..Woot..Kov killer

i'm still looking for eg6sir to answer my question...

hmm... do you think that maybe he thinks that answering my question might be off topic, that's why he isn't saying anything... Maybe I should start a new post about this topic... that way it wouldn't be off topic!

And Aleaf is a little girl that needs more drama in her life..Someone help her out..Drama Aleaf cr crap..lol I love this..lets keep going your next..Woot..Kov killer

Haha okay. Like you know what you're talking about. That's cute.

Offensive remarks removed, D.

but as far as lug nuts go, they are slightly different, but it only applies to alloy wheels. they have a ball type seat, but thats the only difference. steel and alloy wheels have a different lug nut for each. that is due to the taper of the seating area on the wheel itself.you can not interchange the 2- you will end up with either a stripped stud, a jambed nut due to over-tightening the nut trying to get the nuts tight ( i see that a lot when guys try to put steelies on the front using alloy lugs) or a broken stud. running around with lugs that are not seated will do 2 things- damage the wheel or break the stud off. the wheel gets damaged as the wheel wobbles around, destroying the lug seat on the wheel, and i shouldnt have to tell you what happens when studs start breaking.

an undamaged lug nut should spin onto the stud with your fingers. if there is any tightness or binding, stop- the lug nut or the stud is probably damaged and should be replaced. try another lug nut, if it spins on easily, replace the damaged lug, if it does the same, get the stud replaced.

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES USE ANTI SEIZE COMPOUND ON LUG NUTS OR STUDS!!!!!! during normal driving heat will slightly expand the nuts, and anti- seize or any kind of lubricant on the threads will allow the nut to unscrew. studs and nuts should be clean and dry, any rust or crud should be removed with a wire brush.

use a touque wrench to tighten lugs- check owners manual for the proper spec, tighten lugs in a criss cross pattern. over tightening the lugs WILL warp brake rotors. most hondas are 85 ft. lbs, some models are different, check to be sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^
I never denied that, so can we please drop it. I've told numerous people I still don't know much about cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back