Lug stud is spinning in hub

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dealership. You can order from online dealership at hondaautomotiveparts.net or hondapartsdeals.com(or if local dealerships offer some sort of discount for local forums, etc.); they're usually cheaper than if you were to buy directly from the dealership.

thanks man front hubs almost 90 bucks but i guess beggars cant be choosers.

You can probably get lucky and get the whole hub assembly from a pick and pull junk yard too. But that a run of luck on how well the bearings are and etc.

you can pick-n-pull the hub/bearing assembly, then replace the bearings with new.

Hub assembly from junkyard $20
new bearings $50

yeah i know theres actually a 94 sedan in the local junkyard but unfortunately i would have to go and take it out myself which sucks cuz theres mud everywhere so a jack would just sink and it would take me forever to get the hub off. and thats the closest place.

Spend the extra money and keep the convenience of not getting that f'ed up in the mud. Plus while your pressing your new bearing, you can also take the extra step and press new studs into the hub so you dont have to worry about that 50/50 chance of it staying in or not.

Bring a thick piece of plywood with you, maybe about 3 or 4 feet wide & throw that ontop of the mud & put your jack ontop of that. Should keep your jack from sinking. Just make sure your piece of plywood is thick enough to not crack (maybe 1/2 to 1 inch) and big enough to where it will cover enough ground to keep the board from leaning. If the junk yard will save you money, I say it's worth it. Good luck!

Back