Lugnut Stud?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mxgx12

what the hell is the name for the threaded studs that come through the hub for your lugnuts to tighten down on? How do you change them? Mine are too short, with the rims I got, the lugnuts only have to enought thread to go about 2/3 the way on. Sketchy. From attempts to remove them, there is no clearance to get them outta the hub. I dreading taking the hud bearings out just to replace these studs. Help? Someone please. Dont feel like have my lugnuts shear off.

Here is a link to a random page selling them I pulled from google. I know there are some good write ups around on how to install them.

Sorry for the double post. Again here is a quick little write up on how to install them with pics. They used Blox but I would probably recommend the ARPs. I have also read that you should do a little tack weld on the back of the stud to the hub for some extra insurance. I have yet to install a set of these as I haven't needed them on my ED just yet, I run an old set of BBSs. Hopefully someone who has done this will add a bit to this.

Edit: nvm you beat me to posting.

What rims? Extended studs are for big slicks (from my knowledge at least) If you need a spacer.....are you using Fit wheels or something?

Nope, these are just 17" TSW rims. Mounted on stock Si hubs. The link that Korax posted seemed pretty logical, like I'm not alone in this. I bought this car from someone else, with the rims already on the car. And after I saw how little thread the lugnuts were getting I got concerned. No spacer except for this weird little white ring that fits over the center of the rotor. Anyone know that that thing is?

Nope, these are just 17" TSW rims. Mounted on stock Si hubs. The link that Korax posted seemed pretty logical, like I'm not alone in this. I bought this car from someone else, with the rims already on the car. And after I saw how little thread the lugnuts were getting I got concerned. No spacer except for this weird little white ring that fits over the center of the rotor. Anyone know that that thing is?

It's probably a hub centric ring. The hub size on the rotors I'm assuming doesn't match the wheels hub size. These keep the wheel on straight, especially when torquing them down after taking them off. I have this problem with my wheels so I have to take extra care. The gap between them is too small to get a ring for (like 1mm) and they do not stay straight unless I pay attention as I'm tightening the lugs.

i dont use hubcentric rings. they just fall off and get lost while changing wheels. you just have to make sure you hand tighten each lugnut before you start your torque sequence.

if your honda studs are too short, look into mazda RX7 FD studs, they are the same diameter and thread pitch as your honda studs, and a little longer. we use them on our mirages after big brake upgrades.

wouldn't you just need 2/3? i thought if you torque them to spec at least, then it doesn't matter how much thread you have.??? idk though

the more threads the better really. would you trust your engine mounts if only 2/3 of the nut was threaded through?

Back