1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lumpy idle and rev limiter ?'s

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Hondatuner88, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Hondatuner88

Hondatuner88 Senior Member

I heard an all motor LS/VTEC that was built all the way and its clamied to be the fastest all motor street civic in pa...buy any ways...how do people get a honda to idle really lumpy like that?? Cams?? And also I made a lil spot for all my friends and I to have fun with our cars at my uncles wherehouse parking lot and the biggest problem is that i cant launch my car unless its at a higher rpm...I was thinking about getting a rev limiter that will hold my cars rpm farily low to get off the line then explode to a higher rpm rev limt...Can this be done on a stock ecu? Someone told me if i get some kind of MSD one...I forget the name but can someone help me out???

Thanks.

2. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

so you want a lumpy ass idle? i'm confused.

hondata has a 3 stage rev limiter, i bet the free versions like crome have it by now too.

3. Hondatuner88

Hondatuner88 Senior Member

Yeah you can say that...But what i want to know is...that all cams or what ezactly make it idle rough? And any one hear of the Z10 rev limiter?

4. Taco15

Taco15 I wear stretchy pants VIP

some stage 3 camshafts will make idle a little screwy. Thats cuz they are RACE camshafts. Idle is up and down sometimes due to a vacume leak or something. But why would you want bouncy idle for a street car?

5. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

its called full-throttle launch :) the staged rev-limiter :mrgreen:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted