lumpy idle and rev limiter ?'s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hondatuner88

I heard an all motor LS/VTEC that was built all the way and its clamied to be the fastest all motor street civic in pa...buy any ways...how do people get a honda to idle really lumpy like that?? Cams?? And also I made a lil spot for all my friends and I to have fun with our cars at my uncles wherehouse parking lot and the biggest problem is that i cant launch my car unless its at a higher rpm...I was thinking about getting a rev limiter that will hold my cars rpm farily low to get off the line then explode to a higher rpm rev limt...Can this be done on a stock ecu? Someone told me if i get some kind of MSD one...I forget the name but can someone help me out???

Thanks.

so you want a lumpy ass idle? i'm confused.

hondata has a 3 stage rev limiter, i bet the free versions like crome have it by now too.

Yeah you can say that...But what i want to know is...that all cams or what ezactly make it idle rough? And any one hear of the Z10 rev limiter?

some stage 3 camshafts will make idle a little screwy. Thats cuz they are RACE camshafts. Idle is up and down sometimes due to a vacume leak or something. But why would you want bouncy idle for a street car?

Back