• 1999-01 Pontiac Grad Prix GTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1999-00 Saab 9-5

• 1998-00 Mercedes-Benz C230

• 1999-00 Volvo S80

• 1998-?? BMW 3 Series (any worth looking at for 10k?)

• Other (please li

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by jiahanhao+Dec 3 2003, 07:31 PM-->
Slammed89Integra
@Dec 3 2003, 07:02 PM
If you could find an IS300, that's what I would get.

My friend has one, and its bomb diggity.

IS300s suck...

or so says my friend who is looking to get his stolen so he can have something faster...

Heh, My buddie's gets sideways in 3rd gear, don't know if that's bad. But yes, he claims its a supra motor, but I don't know. I heard blow off valve and he said its turbo, so dunno otherwise. And no this isn't bs in anyway, he's russian, that explains all.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra+Dec 4 2003, 12:27 AM-->
Originally posted by jiahanhao@Dec 3 2003, 07:31 PM
Slammed89Integra
@Dec 3 2003, 07:02 PM
If you could find an IS300, that's what I would get.

My friend has one, and its bomb diggity.

IS300s suck...

or so says my friend who is looking to get his stolen so he can have something faster...

Heh, My buddie's gets sideways in 3rd gear, don't know if that's bad. But yes, he claims its a supra motor, but I don't know. I heard blow off valve and he said its turbo, so dunno otherwise. And no this isn't bs in anyway, he's russian, that explains all.

IS300's nice. but they're slow as dog shit stock. some IS guys have been swappin' supra engines in 'em and makin' crazy power. other have boosted the stock engines and made some pretty good power. but yeah... he might have some crazy RDM IS300.

Yeah, he swaps motors like a good amount, so I'm guessing its true. His old man has a body shop so yeah.

I do believe theres changes to the head it now has their um IIVT or what ever toyota calls their trick valve setup you can buy turbo kits for them =) wink

anyways IS300 is 215HP they are not all that fast I do have to say its faster then 70% of this boards members cars =)

do keep in mind if hes buying a newer 4 door lux car Im sure speed is not on the top of his list

I say go Audi man I love my car more and more everytime I drive it

very pump yo...

and A6/A8 faster? how do you figure? all depends on what years you look at but over all the A6/A8 are very heavy and for the price of an A6/A8 he could buy an S4... but none of them will be under 10K

s3fcc2f9553044.jpg

Originally posted by jeffie7@Dec 4 2003, 01:41 AM
I do believe theres changes to the head it now has their um IIVT or what ever toyota calls their trick valve setup you can buy turbo kits for them =) wink

anyways IS300 is 215HP they are not all that fast I do have to say its faster then 70% of this boards members cars =)

do keep in mind if hes buying a newer 4 door lux car Im sure speed is not on the top of his list

VVT-i

i think it has slightly more agressive cams than the non-t supra engine to but dont quote me on that.

IS are quick enough for me, i can vouch for getting sideways in 3rd, and can also vouch that they are governed at 145mph :driver:

:( I wish I was governed at 145... Goddamn JDM Land...

Oh yeah... i say go with the Audi. They are mad nice.

I vote Audi. Second choice for me would be BMW. Those are my actual choice right now also, but i don't think I'll get a car anytime soon, lookin more towards a truck.

Good Luck man

I know, man. This spring/summer. I'll have this bad boy over here spring quarter. We can go mash through Spokompton with it. :lol:

Just buy an old people's car and get old. Most caddy's are pretty quick although they weigh more than 3 Rhinos+My g/f.

I would go with bmw first, they drive super nice without that heavy feeling that most luxury cars have. That post you made with the bimmer for 10995 was not an m3, that was a slow 318. That is the smallest motor put into a bimmer, and the least refined of the 3series. I wouldn't drive it unless someone else was paying for it. legacys and a4s would be my choices for that price range.

The IS300 Engine is the 2jz-GE

The Supra is a GTE (Turbo).

Inline 6 is the winner though... those cars are badass.
I'm not sure if they made the cams less aggressive or changed the compression with pistons or whatnot.. but basically it's the same engine thats not turbo.

I voted other... Turbo 240.

I have to agree with hexen regarding inline 6 motors, the 4 liter I6 in my sister's cherokee, has gobs of torque, unfortunately the cars box shape doesn't help it at high speeds.

at 19 what the hell is the point of buying a $10k car? how much money do you have in the bank right now? sounds like $13k from what you said

buy something from germany and that 3k you have left over will be gone before you can say "I think I'm going to have to take my car to the shop" unless you know enough to fix everything yourself

my buddy has a 92 325i and he just had to replace one of the rear wheel bearings.... to have a shop do it is no less than $600- $700 even though the bearing itself only cost $60

besides, anything you will buy you will then want to do some sort of mods to it
so why not buy something for 4 or 5k and have some money left over for suspension work stuff like that

you have to realize that you are just throwing your money out the window when you buy any car so why through out ALL of your money

OTHER: Jawa moped

Back