1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m2b4 tranny on an h23

Discussion in 'Prelude' started by crazypsychojake, May 30, 2008.

1. crazypsychojake

crazypsychojake New Member

im pretty shure i don't need to be asking this question, but i wanted to make shure, will a m2b4 tranny bolt to my h23 in my stock 92 4ws prelude, curently it has the stock m2s4. also if anyone has one lying around in good condition i may be interested in it for the righ price. i also see that in the specs chart fifth gear is lower numericaly for the m2b4 vs the m2s4 how big a diferance is this, does anyone know the equation to figure out what rpms i would be running at a given speed i ocasionaly take the car on long trips and my exhaust is a tad loud above 4-5 grand, i would't wanna be cruzin at 80 and have the car wraped out just to get better traction, btw i need a new tranny in case you are wondering im not doing this swap because i want to, the old trany fell apart, so going aftermarket is kinda out, since i need a new tranny n e ways. well thanks in advance for any help i recieve

2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

As long as you're not talking about the SH transmission then you should be fine. Most F and H-series transmissions are completely interchangeable...

3. SmoothRigoletto

SmoothRigoletto SmoothRigoletto

M2B4 = JDM LSD transmission. M2S4 = USDM H23 transmission. M2F4 = USDM H22 tranny. JDM is the way to go and yes it will bold on just like any other F or H series transmission. If you can find one (JDM) for less than 1,000 get it cuz usually it cost a lil bit over 1,000 bucks.. M2S4 (H23 tranny) isn't too much of a difference to H22 trannies. I own both trannies on two different ludes and for information purposes....at 80 m/p/h my M2F4 (H22 tranny) RPM's at 4,100 while the M2S4 (H23 tranny) RPM's at 4,000 both on 5th gear.
    The JDM's gear is a lil longer ratio so it wouldn't sound so bad, plus it'l save a bit more gas. Cuz my H22 tranny's short gear ratio sucks up alot of gas on the highway, ugh gas prices! lets not go there

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted