m2b4 tranny on an h23

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crazypsychojake

im pretty shure i don't need to be asking this question, but i wanted to make shure, will a m2b4 tranny bolt to my h23 in my stock 92 4ws prelude, curently it has the stock m2s4. also if anyone has one lying around in good condition i may be interested in it for the righ price. i also see that in the specs chart fifth gear is lower numericaly for the m2b4 vs the m2s4 how big a diferance is this, does anyone know the equation to figure out what rpms i would be running at a given speed i ocasionaly take the car on long trips and my exhaust is a tad loud above 4-5 grand, i would't wanna be cruzin at 80 and have the car wraped out just to get better traction, btw i need a new tranny in case you are wondering im not doing this swap because i want to, the old trany fell apart, so going aftermarket is kinda out, since i need a new tranny n e ways. well thanks in advance for any help i recieve

As long as you're not talking about the SH transmission then you should be fine. Most F and H-series transmissions are completely interchangeable...

M2B4 = JDM LSD transmission. M2S4 = USDM H23 transmission. M2F4 = USDM H22 tranny. JDM is the way to go and yes it will bold on just like any other F or H series transmission. If you can find one (JDM) for less than 1,000 get it cuz usually it cost a lil bit over 1,000 bucks.. M2S4 (H23 tranny) isn't too much of a difference to H22 trannies. I own both trannies on two different ludes and for information purposes....at 80 m/p/h my M2F4 (H22 tranny) RPM's at 4,100 while the M2S4 (H23 tranny) RPM's at 4,000 both on 5th gear.
The JDM's gear is a lil longer ratio so it wouldn't sound so bad, plus it'l save a bit more gas. Cuz my H22 tranny's short gear ratio sucks up alot of gas on the highway, ugh gas prices! lets not go there

Back