M3 Engine Recall

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Aug 17 2004, 04:18 PM
That's the "superior" German engineering. :roll:
[post=378152]Quoted post[/post]​

lol, what about the almost daily Ford, Chevy and Saturn recalls. I'd rather have my car recalled for the oil pump and rod bearing, then having a suspension fux0red and having my suv roll 3.75 times.

Hey, I never purported Merican (2 syllables, not 3, and best said with a shitty-ass domestic beer in hand) engineering to be even remotely competent. But you usually don't see these types of recalls in Japanese cars, that's all.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Aug 17 2004, 05:13 PM
Hey, I never purported Merican (2 syllables, not 3, and best said with a shitty-ass domestic beer in hand) engineering to be even remotely competent. But you usually don't see these types of recalls in Japanese cars, that's all.
[post=378184]Quoted post[/post]​

which is why you see Japanese cars with ~300k on them still doing okay. Really, the quality of any car depends on the owners' maintenance competency

Actually, the Nissan 350Z had a recall for the gas gap or some shit, I dunno. Got the letter in the mail about a year ago.

Well, right, that's what I mean. You'll see a seatbelt latch recall, or a gas cap recall, or a visor mirror recall ( :D ), but usually nothing like a goddam oil pump and rod bearing.

Originally posted by integraenthusiest@Aug 18 2004, 12:05 AM
Yea, the only recall on the 92-95 civics was for a seatbelt problem.
[post=378372]Quoted post[/post]​

should have been a goddamn seat recall in general

"Attention : we are now aware we put fucking cardboard in those cars for 4 years. Our bad."

no, just in USDM seats. The JDM ones were kinda a hybrid between the sol seats and the USDM seats. They look alright.

5th gen preludes had a recall with something in the suspension wearing out and collapsing on the road,cant remember exactly but thats way more dangerous then bad oil pumps and rod bearings.

honda's are in no way invinsible when it comes to recalls. The current v6 transmission has had some serious problems. Honda has since legthen the warrente on all V6 tranny's (IE Odysses, accord, older CL, ect)

its still a car, bentlys have their problems, rolls royce's have had theirs... you cant build a car without it having potential problems..... it dont matter if its a ford festiva or a benz, its still a car....

Back