1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mac users i need your help!

Discussion in 'Computers, Games, Electronics etc' started by civiclxb16, Mar 20, 2007.

1. civiclxb16

civiclxb16 Senior Member

Ok guys and gals, my boss came to me and asked me to learn something on a Mac. I work at a school where in the computer lab we have about 25 Mac's running OSX. She wants to know if there is a way to lock up the Mac's while she is teaching so the students can't surf the web and all that stuff. If she is at her desk is there a click of the mouse or something that will turn this feature on and off? if so what does she need to do?

2. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

vnc? :)

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

vnc to 25 machines is a huge waste of time....

she needs to pull the plug on the router/hub/firewall where all these plug into to disconnect them from the internet.

4. civiclxb16

civiclxb16 Senior Member

its not the internet that she is conserned about its everything. they will just sit there and play with anything they can even paint and word. i found something called Vision 5.1.1 i think i am going to get her to order it and see if that works out here is the link
    Vision - Home & Learning

5. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

wow, vision is still around? it was good stuff on classic OS. i loved to fuck with people and write shit in simpletext, screen share, and play. made my computer lab monitoring fun :)

vision is a good buy.

the only other option is for you know shit about apple script, and i wouldnt wish that on anyone. it works well, dont get me wrong, but its got the power of java script.....its easily defeated.

6. civiclxb16

civiclxb16 Senior Member

yeah i hope she gets it and stops crying about my kids play on the pc to much while i am teaching :)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted