MacBook Air

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'd rather have something with a full speed processor and a graphics card. Not to mention some ports....damn. People that think ports are ugly are stupid, ports are useful :)

My girlfriend is in love with it. But i hate laptops period. More money for less power, but more portable. However, most people I know that have laptops dont even take it anywhere. I guess it saves space too, but give me a quad-core with 8800gt, 4gb of ram and 22lcd over that thing anyday.

Yeah not a fan of the MacBook Air. It is a sub par computer for way to much money. One analogy I saw was "Sara Jessica Parker's character on Sex in the City is the only kind of person that would want this. Someone that does not use there computer for any thing other than surfing the internet."

Mac is just way to over hyped for my liking. Steve Jobs is a freaking nut job, people say Gates sucks at life. Well they have not heard to much about Jobs.

It'll do everything that I need from a laptop. I'll probably get a mac when my dell dies.

owning a mac is like dating a supermodel with aids

its expensive and great to look at, but you cant do shit with it

This is a nice unit for somebody that travels ALOT and doesnt want extra weight... Thats about it.. Dont plan on watching DVDs or anything though... No Drives on it..

Thats what I hate about my brick... 17" Widescreen laptop weighing in at 13 lbs NOT including power adapter which is another 3-4...

See I have a dell 700m. It's 4.1 lbs, has a 5 hour battery, runs almost all programs at good speed(pmobile 1.8) and is 12.1" at about 1" thick. I've never really used the dvd burner on it. If anything I use USB flash drives/external drives to go between my two main machines, but also they're networked, so that's rarely when one is turned off.

I use my laptop on the couch to type papers, and in class to take notes. I do misc programs for business classes and econ classes and I use it for photo stuff. Once in a while editing a movie, but then it kind of bogs a touch.

This will probably do everything I need it to in a much slimmer package. But that's when my 700m dies and its still running strong.

Still debating whether I am going to get this one. I would like to replace my MacBook Pro with a new iMac, and the air would be a great portable. Either that or get a new MacBook Pro.

See I have a dell 700m. It's 4.1 lbs, has a 5 hour battery, runs almost all programs at good speed(pmobile 1.8) and is 12.1" at about 1" thick. I've never really used the dvd burner on it. If anything I use USB flash drives/external drives to go between my two main machines, but also they're networked, so that's rarely when one is turned off.

I use my laptop on the couch to type papers, and in class to take notes. I do misc programs for business classes and econ classes and I use it for photo stuff. Once in a while editing a movie, but then it kind of bogs a touch.

This will probably do everything I need it to in a much slimmer package. But that's when my 700m dies and its still running strong.

i have the same laptop...cept the power connector (the one on the motherboard) is broken. Aside from that singular fact, mine was running like a champ...till i couldnt charge it anymore. Ill get around to re-soldering it and itll be good as new :) (except in the looks dept)

until it breaks again. i replaced the connector on my laptops MB 3 times before i was ttired of fixing it. so i went hardcore, bought a universal power jack from radio shack (one with the little nut to brace the whole thing on the case). i attached leads from the power jack to the MB (sinc they arent made foreach other) then widened the hole on the case cause the new one was bigger. put it all together and put the nut on the outside to brace it and isolate movement. works well and hasnt broken for almost a year :)

i'll get one for the wifey when the price comes down. she always take fashion over function.

Word.

I swear only my hot chick friends have macbook's.

dude thats udder nonsense

Mac's are overpriced and overrated.... The Air is a great piece of engineering and it is sweet that someone actually got it done but for practical purposes it really is not all that practical. If all you ever did was travel 6 days a week, check your e-mail and write a few papers then sure, if you have an extra 2500 bucks to burn on one. But for most people it is just to much cash for to little performance.

as a mac user id tell u right away that the air is totaly not what i would buy. but as a producer and live music proformer the industry standard is mac books. SERIOUSLY!!! the air like someone priviously mentioned is seriously lacking in additional ports which makes it absolutely useless for hooking up things like portable audio interfaces and midi controllers. the fact of the matter is this. the air is aimed at a certain target market consumer group just like everything. Like people have said its expensive but is cutting edge when it comes to compact. Loads of people travel with there computers everyday and dont need the ports. not everyone is a computer geek (sigh unfortunately the world would be easier).Macs in general are a PROFESSIONALS computer, video editing, audio editing, and such. They are expensive, they are nice, there are pc laptops with the same processing power for half the price, but u still wont have a mac sukkahs!

Last edited:
Mac's are overpriced and overrated.... The Air is a great piece of engineering and it is sweet that someone actually got it done but for practical purposes it really is not all that practical. If all you ever did was travel 6 days a week, check your e-mail and write a few papers then sure, if you have an extra 2500 bucks to burn on one. But for most people it is just to much cash for to little performance.

They cost the same amount as any PC that is equally spec'd out. Even the Lenovo X300 costs costs more than the MacBook Air in it's base configuration. Plus i comes with less RAM and a weaker battery.
The MacBook Air has some many sweet inovations. Remote software install that is CROSS PLATFORM. Mag Safe Power Adapter, Aluminum Enclosure, multi-touch track pad, and that sweet sweet operating system.
If you do not see a purpose for it, it was not made for you. However, if you need more power check out the MacBook Pro and the MacPro. Price a comprible PC laptop and you will see that the price difference is not much, if any at all. All the same PC software is out there or you can run Windows on your mac via boot camp or any of the virtualization options.

Back