machine shop needs help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Roostinc

Im trying to make a part that has the same spline as a 87 or 88 crx clutch plate. i believe it is a 20 tooth spline, 7/8 diameter. im looking for technical data on this spline. can anyone help or point me in the right direction. thanks.

Can't remember where I got this file... The file is cited at the top.
Hope it helps!

Attachments

• clutch.pdf
    348.6 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
thanks ez,
i know its definately a 20 tooth. im trying to cut the splines, so i need major diameter, minor dia., pitch dia., engagement angle, chord length....and probobly something else.:confused:

Any way you can go and get one from a parts store and measure off that? Then you can return it after getting the things you need off it.

no,,,theres some dimensions on it that are difficult to measure....thats assuming im measuring the right things. the major and minor are no problem, but the pitch and cord are the ones im not sure of.

It sounds to me like you have or work in a machine shop. Dont you have spline gauges?

I have a machine design book that I will pull out tonight and see if I can figure anything out. I'm not even sure if a FSM (factory service manual) can help you out there, worth checking though. Involute splines generally have a 30º pressure angle, nothing for sure yet.

Attachments

• spline info.JPG
    spline info.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 128
newb, no i dont. never had a need for them till now...
ez, that would be awesome. that pic is pretty much what im looking for.( i think)

Well, I thought I had it here at my parents, but it seems it's in a box at my house. I will be there tomorrow and get it for sure!

Back