Mac's 94 DB8 project thread AKA: Project Aeris.. ITR stuff, body work.. ect

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've gotta come down this weekend so we can roll around and make fun of rednecks. Maybe even smoke a couple domestic lovin' inbreds;)

Note: If there are any changes that need to be made to this DIY, please let me know. Also, if there is any extra information that need to be added, I'll add it.

DIY: Manual oil pressure gauge install

Tools needed:
Any manual oil pressure gauge
Crescent wrench
3/8 wrench
1/8 BSP TO 1/8 NPT fitting
Teflon tape
22 mm deep well socket for the plug in the block.

Note: I deleted the factory oil pressure fitting in this for lack of fittings. This means the oil pressure light will not work.
Also, I did this during my IM swap. I can't imagine how hard it would be without the IM off. This thread is written assuming the IM is indeed off.

Step 1: Pop your hood and get ready ;)

Step 2: Teflon tape the threads and assemble the oil line into the fitting. Here's what you want to end up with:
DSCN3041.jpg

Note: The assembly pictures are obviously of me hooking the line into the gauge, but the procedure is the same for the fitting into the block. I also didn't use teflon tape on this because I forgot :p I'ma n00b.
Here's what your working with:
DSCN3048.jpg

Assemble like so:
DSCN3049.jpg

And then screw em together nice and snug! Note: PUsh the oil line as far as it will go into the gauge and hold pressure on it while you tighten the nut down.
DSCN3051.jpg

Step 3: Remove the oil fitting from the block/screw the BSP fitting into the block. This was a pain in the A$$, big time.. But you can do it =) Have faith ;) Be sure to snug it up nicely. Leaks are t3h bad.. Mhhhhnnnnmmmmm kaaayyy?
Here is the plug you want to remove. It's black with the lil white nipple on it:
DSCN3034.jpg

And here it is with the oil line installed.
DSCN3047.jpg

Step 4: Run your oil line through the firewall into the cabin to wherever your going to mount it. There should be plenty of line to snake it around things to hide it. Reference Step 2 for the procedure on hooking the gauge to the line

Step 5: Double check to make evrything is nice and snug and fire her up! Check for leaks, please.... In case you don't know, oil leaks are bad for your engine :S
I have 70-80 lbs lbs of pressure on start up and cruise over 40 lbs once she's warm =)

And there you have it. You have your very own oil pressure gauge. ANd, so you know, my dads been building cars since he was a teenage and has never had a line break on him.. Nor have I known one to break nor have I ever had one break. If you don't pinch the line, you'll be fine.

Well, at the moment it's torn down... ITR cams and tuning will be happening this weekend.

Prior to the blox IM and cams.. I made 146/114 and ran a traction limited 15.5 @ 91.6 mph.

The above #'s are with a blown headgasket.

I'm shooting for 170's/mid to high 120's and w/drag radials... 14.5-14.8. I think w/radials I could have knocked on 14's with the HG blown... But we'll see.

If money goes ok, I'll have it dynoe'd by the first of next week and get her to the track sometime next month ;)

My thread on Honda-Tech is the one I update.. Check it out for details and whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back