Mad wheelies.. Prevented

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the stock swing arm doesn't fit under the rocket booster. Sorry, it's too late to go back.

You cant have Ape hangers and rocket boosters on the same bike.

Unless you have a gold metal flake banana seat.

My buddy Steve still does wheelies on his gsxr and its got a 7inct stretch... not to mention... TX fastest street bike.
stevesgsxr.jpg

stevesgarage.jpg

steves shop...

I know the look on my face was priceless when I 1st saw him take off on a wheelie.
Ive got a clip around here somewhere of where he raced this low 6 second datson he was at the fender and he didnt hit the nitrous. Later that night he beat a 1200hp supra on the highway wish I had that on camera.

Anywho... I definitely think 600 FTW & a cruiser is FTL!!!

TeinGirl said:
TX fastest street bike.
proof or :bs:

a STOCK 06 GSXR1000 can and will walk on a 1300hp supra, with a STOCK 04 R1 trailing very closely behind because the rider is scared shitless. I've seen it happen.

I highly doubt ANY 600 holds the 'fastest streetbike in TX' title.

Guess I assumed since there was a 600 in the picture, and you were talking about a 600 'ftw', that his bike is a 600.

bc1117214037.jpg

8 inch stretch on a Buell that I helped make. The owner says: "It'll keep the nose down a little easier, but this thing SMOKES the rear tire now."

Why stretch a bike? Better lauch..... why stretch a 250 ninja? Ricer.

bc1117214037.jpg

8 inch stretch on a Buell that I helped make. The owner says: "It'll keep the nose down a little easier, but this thing SMOKES the rear tire now."

Why stretch a bike? Better lauch..... why stretch a 250 ninja? Ricer.

Stretching a bike is like going from a 911 Turbo to a supercharged mustang with skinny front tires.
Sure you'll get a better launch but if you want to do anything other then go straight..... screw that.

Bikes are so awesome because of how they go with the roads when you turn, you lean into turns VS leaning away from them (if in a car) its a total feeling of freedom.

Unless I was a pro drag racer, I'd never streech a bike. you just end up throwing out any handling.... no thanks.

+1
A buell's only redeeming quality is it's low center of gravity and awesome handling. Without that, it's just, meh.

I've read a good bit of reviews from some older guys who have been around the block with supersport bikes. They seem to agree on the same thing

buell is a wonderful handling bike, that has great torque. but they 2 problems.

they vibrate like crazy, much more then other sport bike twins.
and they have great power up to a point and then fall flat on their face.
a comment I read once is that the bike tells you based on feeling that you need to shift, yet theres still another 2K RPM to go.

:shrug2:
use the power where you got it.
Is having power in the lower RPM range so terrible? Do you enjoy having to rev the piss out of a bike to make it scoot?

Is having power in the lower RPM range so terrible? Do you enjoy having to rev the piss out of a bike to make it scoot?

me personally
:yes:

I don't mind torque and not having to rev a motor. I think you're missing the point.
having a motor that makes good power over the whole RPM range is a good thing. having a bike that LOSES power after 3/4s of the RPM range then WTF... its like having wasted space.

Bike A has a 1000CC Twin motor that makes power that is strong from the start and keeps pulling from down low to redline

Bike B has a 1200cc motor that makes less power, has nice low end power but after 3/4 of the RPM range it starts to lose power so you have to shift if you want to get the fastest time out of your bike, and it cost more.

what bike do you want?

For nothing but backroad use I love high reving motors. Just try driving an S2000.
As far as highway goes I like more torque but that doesn't mean I don't want something that will continue to make power in the upper range.

Back