Made a little acquisition

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The phone jack is getting jacked off that wall. I don't even use a home phone. I'll be putting a tile back splash up that wall, so the hole will be hidden.

badass man. all i ask is that you DO NOT rip that wire outa the wall though. phone guy tip: leave it there, it helps later on.

bump bitches.

whats going on with this place? haunted? maybe there have been little girls standing at the end of the hall screaming at you and shit, and every time you thought to update this thread they started fucking with you and making your mouse click in all the wrong places like it all of a sudden came up with a case of cyber parkinsons disease.

or maybe you just forgot about it?

i dunno, but i'm curious.

Wow I can't believe its been 6 months since an update. I guess I'll give one because you asked so nicely.

I finished off the kitchen with a tile back splash. It was surprisingly cheap and easy to do. The faux stone outlet covers cost half as much as the tile.
DSCN1874.jpg

DSCN1875.jpg

I put shelving and a work bench down in the basement. Lots of Civic parts under that bench. My ITR head is up on top waiting for a refresh.
DSCN1878.jpg

I bought all the parts and slapped this system together myself. On demand water softener and iron filter. My water really sucks here, and companies wanted $3-5k for what I built for $1200.
DSCN1876.jpg

Picked this up

I picked this up in early Jan. I've been meaning to post a thread about it but I can't seem to get it cleaned up for pics. Damn Ohio winters. The trans on my old Maxima was going out (internal bearing, common with those). The stealership gave me what I paid for it 18 months ago for trade in.

07 Silverado 1500, bought it with 43k on the clock
2WD but has a locking diff.
5.3, 4 speed autotragic - been getting 17mpg
Drives like a school bus. The odysseys and MDX's I drive around at work feel like go karts. Just more motivation to get the hatch back together.
DSCN1880.jpg

I also re-shaped the driveway, tore out some shitty old beds, and removed part of the crappy patio that butted up against the front of the house

BEFORE
DSCN1478-Copy.jpg

WORK IN PROGRESS
DSCN1644.jpg

DONE

DSCN1648.jpg

And finally I got a 12x12 shed for the back yard. This really frees up space in the garage. I got this thing for FREE* :D A guy at work offered it to me as long as I moved it. I got a shed company to do it for $300. The biggest bitch was removing the roof so that it would fit under highway underpasses. All I've got in it is $300 for the move and $200 in supplies to re-roof the thing. This spring I'll repaint it and run electric out to it. Did I mention that it is already wired and has a box. Also fully insulated and has a beefy electric heater. Not bad considering building new would have been around $1800-2000.
DSCN1879.jpg

Looks good. Do you plan on leaving the driveway as gravel or doing something else in the long term?

How come the wheelbarrow isn't in the shed or the garage? :)

Looks good. Do you plan on leaving the driveway as gravel or doing something else in the long term?

How come the wheelbarrow isn't in the shed or the garage? :)

I'll just leave the driveway stone. Considering the price point of the house and the area it's in, I wouldn't recoup the investment if I decided to sell. Thanks for the reminder on the wheelbarrow. Went to put it in the shed tonight and the damn lock is frozen.

You may not recoup your investment but stone pavers would look nice. Form is crucial, but it kind of sounds like you arent planning on staying for a long time.

Back