Made a little acquisition

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You may not recoup your investment but stone pavers would look nice. Form is crucial, but it kind of sounds like you arent planning on staying for a long time.

That would look sweet. My guess is that I'll be here for at least 5 years. I may just cheap out and black top the thing. First things first though: deck or patio, landscaping, and bathroom fixing up.

Damn, I forgot to keep up on this. The place is looking awesome. Huge turnaround. Maybe we've got a place for a tri-state HS meet-up?

Meet in the middle eh? That's a long drive for me and eg6 and a few others

im not interested in going back to ohio if i can avoid it :lol:

FML. The sump pump decided to take a shit on me during the rain storm last night. 3-4" of rain in 5 hours + failed sump = 2" of water in my basement.

FML. The sump pump decided to take a shit on me during the rain storm last night. 3-4" of rain in 5 hours + failed sump = 2" of water in my basement.

Call up Stanley Steamer!

I was constantly checking my sump last night too. lol

Thankfully I woke up at 3AM from the thunder and tornado sirens. I went to the basement to check things out and noticed the sump was full and the pump wasn't running. I took it apart to clear it out, and the remains of the impeller fell out...

I started running buckets of water but couldn't keep up. Finally I said F it and put everything on the floor up high. Then I drive 20 minutes into town at 4AM to see if Walmart sold pumps. No luck. Got to Home Depot at 4:45 and some saint let me in to buy a sump pump. By the time I got back home around 5:15, there was a good half inch of water everywhere. I went to put the new pump in - and the fittings were different. So I ran back into town, picked up pvc parts, got home, fabricated the new pipes and dropped it in. The water got about 2" deep across 1600 sq ft. I got the pump in and draining to get to work on time at 8:)

All in all I'd say that was a smooth repair under the circumstances. The Depot stores around here used to be 24 hrs but not any more. You're lucky they actually let you in. Might be worth a call to the store mgr if you caught the guys name.

Thankfully I woke up at 3AM from the thunder and tornado sirens. I went to the basement to check things out and noticed the sump was full and the pump wasn't running. I took it apart to clear it out, and the remains of the impeller fell out...

I started running buckets of water but couldn't keep up. Finally I said F it and put everything on the floor up high. Then I drive 20 minutes into town at 4AM to see if Walmart sold pumps. No luck. Got to Home Depot at 4:45 and some saint let me in to buy a sump pump. By the time I got back home around 5:15, there was a good half inch of water everywhere. I went to put the new pump in - and the fittings were different. So I ran back into town, picked up pvc parts, got home, fabricated the new pipes and dropped it in. The water got about 2" deep across 1600 sq ft. I got the pump in and draining to get to work on time at 8:)

Yeah I would call and thank them a lot... Basement flooding is a common thing at my parents house, even with a newer sump pump it still floods.. Best thing to help is to get a large wet/dry shop vac and some fans, to help out in the future...

gotta be careful about the calling thing.
even though you are giving high praise, they may have gone against corporate policy by letting you in and may get them fired.

That was my thought. That'd be shitty. That was awful thoughtful of you, but you're also fired.

The parents of a friend of mine actually have two sump pumps. If one fails, the other takes care of it. Of course, first they hooked them both up and they happened to die at nearly the same time and the basement flooded anyway. Now they have the two hooked up to switches and only use one. If it fails, flip the switch.

Back