made a mistake, help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bannacrx

ok, i made a stupid mistake

got a 94 ex d16z6

ive got a problem where the car wont turn over, no click, nothing. starter was getting weak anyway so i replaced it just to be sure but ive still got nothing. i checked to see if there was power to the starter. there is. the ground is also good.

i started to think ok maybey its the neutral saftey switch, the ignition switch, the start cut relay, the main relay. i figured it was likely one of them.

i started with the ignition switch.

i disconnected the battery and began to remove it but i screwed up and i guess i didnt realize where i stuffed the positive battery cable and it ended up touching the terminal, so i had power while i was trying to remove the ignition switch. the switch touched the steering column, sparked alittle, and then just stopped working.

now when i turn the key ive got absolutely no power, my quesiton is, did i blow a fuse? did i short out the switch? what else did i screw up?

ps: my only goal at this point is to get the switch working again so i can push start the car and drive it to my freinds house.

ok if you car has a neutral safety switch then how are you gona push start it lol. i mean at this point check all the fuses and grounds makes sure the battery is hot and if all that is good its prolly your switch

Back