Made a new gauge pod

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Turbo&Auto

Nick Go FAST!!
I've been toying around with new ideas for pods, I build them for people on other forums.

Last night, I had a piece of 2" PVC, which I found out fits gauges perfectly. I ripped my dash out and took out the hideous piece of painted wood gauge pod I had in there. It was a temp that kinda became permanent, so it was time to upgrade. After cutting the PVC to fit in the space right, I just sanded 2 flat spots oppositte each other and they pieces of PVC fit in the middle vent area like a glove :D After maybe 1 hour tops, its finished.

newbeaterpods.jpg

Here's the old one:
bamf4.jpg

OH, my new FMIC showed up today too:
bigfmic.jpg

I installed the one pictured above, but the hole for the Wideband needed to be slightly larger then the Autometer gauges for some reason. SO, I took out the dremel and started to sand the hole a lil larger. I left the other gauges in the holes and the boost needle fell off of the gauge :(

I tore that 3 gauge FG piece out and sanded it all back down smooth again. Then decided to mount my E-01 in the dash so I could see the boost level with a quick look. Here's how it turned out:

newbeaterpods1.jpg

Thats with my celly, I'll get a better pic tonight with a real camera. The silver blob on the bottom is the Greddy E-01 label on it, i tried to paint it up nice and keep the greddy label.

Very nice! I need to make some add-on pieces for the S2k dash.

where did you get your HID's?
How much should I spend?
Can I find a set of RL dual HID Prohjo's anywhere?

I traded them and some loot for a BMX bike I had in my garage. Frist Cromalusion paint job I did was on that bike, I miss it :(

I can get 8000K HID's shipped for $305. They're fully Plug-N-Pray.

Its coming off. Just waiting for the new manifold to be done and all the new stuff will be on. AND correctly fitting ;)

man that gauge piece you made is BADASS!! :thumbsup: to someone doing custom gauge pods!

not a problem. you interested in making a gauge pod to mount 2 air pressure gauges in for a Ford Ranger? im looking at getting some mounted where my 2 center heater vents are. if you are interested, lemme know what ya charge if you are wanting to try it. thanks bro!

Take a pic of where you want it. I can make them angled towards you too if you like. Prolly 75-100 taking a total guess at it.

Back