Made the move up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
So I finally get my computer from the movers, and some how the analog out was kaput. So, nothing makes a better excuse to get a LCD and a new graphics card :)

med_gallery_630_77_124938.jpg

Though I must say, your average person probably would not be able to tell any difference, I can a little between this and the old X800pro when playing BF2. Kind of disappointed but then again the X800 is a great card so the differences are minute.

mmmm I want one....but I don't have $300 to blow on a vid card :cry:

I'd pick that over the x800 any day. ATI sucks and I will never buy one of their products again.

that card is teh leetness

im thinking about picking up a 6800 ultra, not sure if i wanna drop the cash on a 7800, even though its the best card on the market

Quoted post[/post]]

im thinking about picking up a 6800 ultra, not sure if i wanna drop the cash on a 7800, even though its the best card on the market

The thing that kills me is, if you wait a little bit the card will be under $300

yeah, but do i want to wait? :p

soon as ati reveals a card to challenge the 7800 then the prices will drop, but who knows when that will be.

nvidia has been crushing ati with the new sli motherboards and the 7800 card

^ Probably.

I hear that PC games are way better than anything on a console . . . oh well, guess my computer illiteracy will keep me from ever experiencing that.

If you can't figure out how to play a computer game, you are too stupid to function in society.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

The thing that kills me is, if you wait a little bit the card will be under $300
Depends on the model, the BFGs are overclock factory, and have a lifetime warranty, along with 24/7 tech support. And the card I bought 6 months ago now has versions made by other companies that are less, but the same card still cost about $269

Quoted post[/post]]
yeah, but do i want to wait? :p

soon as ati reveals a card to challenge the 7800 then the prices will drop, but who knows when that will be.

nvidia has been crushing ati with the new sli motherboards and the 7800 card
ATi has an answer to SLi, the Crossfire, same theory, just they are linked through the motherboad instead of a bridge. Only problem is, as far as I have read, it remains a little more than an idea.

Quoted post[/post]]
^ Probably.

I hear that PC games are way better than anything on a console . . . oh well, guess my computer illiteracy will keep me from ever experiencing that.
Yes, they are, yes it will.

:worthy: Awesome card. I guess you won't be needing my 6600GT? haha. anyway, how much cheaper was that compared to the GTX? Too lazy to find prices.

Oh yeah, 7800 anything> 6800 Ultra. I believe more pixel pipelines, less power consuming, and produces less heat for 30 bucks more I believe.

Actually just did some reading. The 7800GT is only 350 and owns the 6800Ultra that costs 450. For 450 might as well get teh 7800GTX.

6800 Ultra = bad choice unless getting another for SLi.

Ultra High End = Nvidia 7800GTX ($450+)
High End = Nvidia 7800 GT ($275-350)
Mid High End = ATi X800XL ($200-250)
Mid End = 6600GT ($120-150)
Low End = Anything Will Do :laugh:

It seems like Nvidia is owning the market right now. ATi just released their X1000 line and it still doesn't help much given performance/price ratio. Hopefully this will start a price war and we'll continue to see price drops. Every Nvidia and ATi car is starting to go down in price. Some as much as $50 or even more after rebates. This is also true for AMD processors. Every single chip as seen price drops except the 3000+ 64 which has strong sales. Im just waiting to get my hands on a X2 chip that costs less $300.

Back