Madoff gets 150 years

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

he got the maximum. the judge made an example out of him. plus it set precedence for the other current financial scandals that are in court right now.

hopefully it will steer some of these guys away from this stuff. in just most other countries, he would have been executed.

this is sort of a good thing though. now investors will be a lot more cautious with investing. too many people had all their eggs in one basket.

he got the maximum. the judge made an example out of him. plus it set precedence for the other current financial scandals that are in court right now.

hopefully it will steer some of these guys away from this stuff. in just most other countries, he would have been executed.

this is sort of a good thing though. now investors will be a lot more cautious with investing. too many people had all their eggs in one basket.
My problem with it is that he left family's homeless. He still has a bed to sleep in. You want to set a precedence, have him executed and you will see that crime rate drop.

My problem with it is that he left family's homeless. He still has a bed to sleep in. You want to set a precedence, have him executed and you will see that crime rate drop.
wrong country. we are america here. everytime i advocate for something like that, this forum calls me communist.

wrong country. we are america here. everytime i advocate for something like that, this forum calls me communist.
I could careless what people here will think of me. Hell I will sweeten the pot, Lets make it a paper view event this way the hole country can watch.

He will never see a day in Gen. Pop. though.

I bet he serves 6 months to 3 years, and they let him out on good behavior...

anyone want to bet?

-"white people steal more than black people. they just get away with it more."
-"i guess black people need to start stealing more."

from a great show called Weeds. anyway, im glad hes getting the maximum. it shouldve ended like the movie Dick and Jane

Call me an asshole but, people who lost their homes/etc over this guy, sadly, honestly deserve it for being stupid.

• if you lost your house over your stock investments, regardless if they were legit or not, you couldn't afford to be in the market in the first place and simply don't have a bit of financial sense. You ONLY bet the house when you're in vegas. (that's a joke)
  • How do you not keep track of your investments, especially if they are on that big of a scale? I have a measly (compared to the scammed people) $13k in the market and I ALWAYS have yahoo finance open in a tab and constantly browse it and check whats going on while i'm online, especially between 930 and 4. If I had 100's of thousands, or even millions like some who got owned here, I would be even MORE up on what's going on.
  • There is NO WAY with the amout of people involved in this and the $ figures used X (times) the massive amounts of stocks that he was able to pay dividends on time or at the correct dollar figure, or maintain track of splits, reverse splits, and everything else. Within 3 months, you should have known you got taken. He's been doing this for HOW many years?
So, I once again rest my case.... people are stupid.

Call me an asshole but, people who lost their homes/etc over this guy, sadly, honestly deserve it for being stupid.

• if you lost your house over your stock investments, regardless if they were legit or not, you couldn't afford to be in the market in the first place and simply don't have a bit of financial sense. You ONLY bet the house when you're in vegas. (that's a joke)
  • How do you not keep track of your investments, especially if they are on that big of a scale? I have a measly (compared to the scammed people) $13k in the market and I ALWAYS have yahoo finance open in a tab and constantly browse it and check whats going on while i'm online, especially between 930 and 4. If I had 100's of thousands, or even millions like some who got owned here, I would be even MORE up on what's going on.
  • There is NO WAY with the amout of people involved in this and the $ figures used X (times) the massive amounts of stocks that he was able to pay dividends on time or at the correct dollar figure, or maintain track of splits, reverse splits, and everything else. Within 3 months, you should have known you got taken. He's been doing this for HOW many years?
So, I once again rest my case.... people are stupid.
Hey I am not saying the people he took on this ride were smart. Alls I am saying is he knew what he was doing was wrong form the start. Now we have another worthless asshole sitting in a federal prison that our tax money will be paying for his clothes, food, etc... Atleast put is ass in a state pen. so he can take it up the butt. Let him see how it feels to be taken on a ride. :eek::eek:

Good. I hope he gets ass raped in jail, but for some reason I have a feeling that Clayton is right. He'll get out....

Whats kind of dicked is he gets 150 years, but Dave Wilcox only got 6 years. Dave knowingly let one of his trucks go on the road with bad brakes. The truck was going down Avon Mountain, lost control and its brakes killing 4 people and injuring 19 people. He also did not have insurance on his line of trucks, as soon as he heard that his truck crashed he tried getting insurance put on his vehicles.
I hope that both rot in jail and get ass raped.
I do agree with the fact that people should keep a closer eye on their money.

Good. I hope he gets ass raped in jail, but for some reason I have a feeling that Clayton is right. He'll get out....

All he's got to find is a judge and 12 peers that has no problem becoming instant millionaires...:ph34r:

Back