Maf equipped turbo car question...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hosmer

I made the millionth post
VIP
Alright, see if this sounds right

I have a 95 Eclipse GST which has a big ol MAF right between the intake and turbo.

For those who don't know, Eclipse/Talon have a re-circulating BOV.

If I upgrade the BOV to vent into the atmosphere, but it'll run like crap becasue the MAF has already accounted for the air I'm releasing (run rich)

Now, if I relocate the MAF after the BOV and before the throttle body, I can upgrade the BOV with whatever I want, right?

Also, this isn't just a "I want a cool noise" issue, the stock re-circulation tube hinders air intake in front of the turbo...

My buddy with the turbo colt used to just let his OEM BOV vent to atmosphere and then plugged the hole on the air inlet.

You will need some kinda tuner to adjust for the differences, preferably the SAFC. It has Decel Air adjustment that will help get it to idle right afterward.

Your in luck, i have a Talon.

What you will want to do to continue to have the car run right is to have the MAF after the BOV. If you try to blow off to atmosphere the car will run like complete shit. If you need specifics on how to do this, PM me.

got backfires? :p

what you should get is a 50/50 recirc/atmosphere valve. they make 'em for subys and dsm's

Be like me and run and open atmosphere BOV on your MAF car. Mine almost never backfires.

But, backfires are JDM so i might have to do something about that . . . . :ph34r:

Back